GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tunes

Anyone know someone who has decent to cheap tunes like made them themselves. I just need something to see if a tune is my prob im getting before i spend money of good tune

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
case when op.tunes = 'engine tune' then 'no'
when op.tunes = 'mix tape' then 'yes'
else 'wtf' end

Don't just slap the cheapest tune you can find (which won't be cheap, anyway) onto your $20k (+/-) car, unless you're also ready to go looking for the cheapest turbo, long block, etc. that you can find. Your best bet is a friend with a Cobb AP (they'll need to unmarry, before flashing your car).

What is the problem with the car? Can't be the stock tune. So you must already have another tune, right? Why not flash back to stock to see if your issue goes away?

TLDR: Need more info.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

cb1111

The problem here is that the OPs post in incomprehensible. It has nothing to do with English language, typing, cell phones or grammar, but it has something to do with not providing any information and no rational thought process.

It is kind of like saying:

Anyone know someone who has decent to cheap medication like made them themselves. I just need something to see if a medication is my prob im getting before i spend money of good medication.

Here's what the OP should have said:

I have an XYZ tune on my 201x Volkswagen Golf (GTI?). This is the problem I have. Do you think my problem is caused by the tune or is it something else?

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
I have a problem... I cannot tell you who I am, what my symptoms are, but it’s a real issue... will a lobotomy help me? I just want to see if my brain is the prob.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I run my IS38 on a JB4 only just fine. Have you ran any logs with the JB4 in map 0 to log only? The log in your other thread, what map is that on?

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Anyone know someone who has decent to cheap tunes like made them themselves. I just need something to see if a tune is my prob im getting before i spend money of good tune

Have you tried to flash back to stock to see if this issue persists?

Can you provide us with any further details about the problem you are having? It will be much easier for people to offer you advice/potential fixes if we had more information.

So heres the run down. I was is20 with jb4 on my 2015 mk7. Buddy who ran is38 on his car just jb4 worked perfect. He took his is38 off and went big turbo so i bought his is38. No shaft play nothing workes great when he took it off. We put it onto my car got everything hooked up, acuator set to 3.6v and passed first adaption. When we ran it the ecu will only request between 7 and 13psi. I tried it on map 0 same thing. I have no ecu tune only jb4 on the car alomg with downpipe and intake so we are either thinking its a boost leak or car isnt happy and needs a tune but a tune wouldnt explain the psi jumping like that.

ebg18t

Ready to race!
I hear people make meth in their kitchen.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
JB1 is probably the cheapest "Tune, it's a piggyback tuner" for $379.
JB4 much better $429 + $35 for data cable or $140 for Bluetooth.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GroceryGTIer

Drag Racing Champion
So heres the run down. I was is20 with jb4 on my 2015 mk7. Buddy who ran is38 on his car just jb4 worked perfect. He took his is38 off and went big turbo so i bought his is38. No shaft play nothing workes great when he took it off. We put it onto my car got everything hooked up, acuator set to 3.6v and passed first adaption. When we ran it the ecu will only request between 7 and 13psi. I tried it on map 0 same thing. I have no ecu tune only jb4 on the car alomg with downpipe and intake so we are either thinking its a boost leak or car isnt happy and needs a tune but a tune wouldnt explain the psi jumping like that.

Nowwww you’re getting somewhere