GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Today's Best Mounts

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Are people still doing BFI engine/dogbone/trans mounts over other brands? Still the better option over 034, ECS, and others? My mounts are absolutely gone, feels like im driving a water bed, need to fix.

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Should I bother doing the trans mount? Looks way harder to get to and also, I think most of my movement is coming from the engine and dogbone mounts.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
getting a socket underneath the harness over the trans mount sucks. the rest is easy-peasy. you don't need to remove the ECU.
BFI is the only engine/trans mount worth looking at. everything else is garbage. people have lots of opinions about the dogbone mount, I'd just say avoid anything with a spherical bearing (034, apr, ecs).

tigeo

Autocross Champion

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Any tips for
getting a socket underneath the harness over the trans mount sucks. the rest is easy-peasy. you don't need to remove the ECU.
BFI is the only engine/trans mount worth looking at. everything else is garbage. people have lots of opinions about the dogbone mount, I'd just say avoid anything with a spherical bearing (034, apr, ecs).
Any tips for the bolts under the harness?

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
I’m confused about the dogbone. BFI has a dogbone insert, but what about the actual mount that connects to the transmission? There’s an ECS brand dogbone mount and insert bundle that’s on sale but BFI only sells an insert?

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
BFI only makes a insert for two reasons.

I’m confused about the dogbone. BFI has a dogbone insert, but what about the actual mount that connects to the transmission? There’s an ECS brand dogbone mount and insert bundle that’s on sale but BFI only sells an insert?

1. That’s all you need (dog bone wise) from a performance standpoint.

2. The OEM “dog bone” is the engineered flex/failure point to prevent the transmission case from breaking if excessive wheel hop does occur.

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
BFI only makes a insert for two reasons.

1. That’s all you need (dog bone wise) from a performance standpoint.

2. The OEM “dog bone” is the engineered flex/failure point to prevent the transmission case from breaking if excessive wheel hop does occur.
To summarize, I should just keep the OEM dogbone and install the BFI insert and it’s all set - No need to upgrade the dogbone itself. If that’s wrong please let me know. I’m worried that my dogbone itself is worn out though, should I not be?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
To summarize, I should just keep the OEM dogbone and install the BFI insert and it’s all set - No need to upgrade the dogbone itself. If that’s wrong please let me know. I’m worried that my dogbone itself is worn out though, should I not be?

Correct. Absolutely no reason to do anything else to the dog bone other than a BFI insert.