GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tesla to release $35k car in 2017, "Tesla Model III"

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
New Volt for $27K after all dealer and gov't incentives.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
GTE is coming to the US, too. I'd rather that than any other options. 40 mile all electric range, 7.9 0-60, GTI fun factor with better torque response. Oh and range. Win.

Although I have to say, that mock-up would look great lowered :D

Future Auto-x champ?

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
Hope it's not that ugly prototype

That looks like a render of the model x to me.

Im curious to see how this goes for Tesla, the 35k sport sedan market is a lot more competitive than the 100k full size executive sedan market. Hopefully they get their QC under control and learn from the Model S.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I saw the BMW i3 at Safeway over the weekend, up close and personal :yikes: . I don't understand why they have to make electric cars so hideous....

I kinda like it though....drove one at their "Drive the Future" event and it was pretty impressive for what it is...if you can fit regular wheels and tires on it it might actually be pretty fun to throw around.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I saw the BMW i3 at Safeway over the weekend, up close and personal :yikes: . I don't understand why they have to make electric cars so hideous....

Indeed that thing is an atrocious eye sore. Esp in person. Its tall as hell weird skinny tires, awkward doors. It literally looks like a yaris with a two tone paint job and a BMW badge.

pressure drop

Ready to race!
Everyone I know whos not a car person wants to buy this when it comes out. If youre smart, save up 35k and buy TSLA stocks instead.. this things gonna soar. Musk is also laying down extensive charging station infrastrucutre all across America and it is the first truly tech-focused mass market car that will capture the millenial market.

Maybe this will drive down the price of petrol cars so I can pick up a used M4 or R400 for pennies on the dollar soon.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Yeah ill take a 335i over it considering ill get a nice inline 6 twinturbo, manual and best of all, not worry about burst into flames that tesla is not "aware" of

Wait are you serious? Teslas burst into flames at 1/8th the rate of Chevy's considering the volume of cars out on the road. Not only that but Tesla has added a titanium plate to the underside of the car after only 3 events. GM waited to fix its ignition issues after letting 13 people die. You either have terribly misplaced trust or ...I've been trolled.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Wait are you serious? Teslas burst into flames at 1/8th the rate of Chevy's considering the volume of cars out on the road. Not only that but Tesla has added a titanium plate to the underside of the car after only 3 events. GM waited to fix its ignition issues after letting 13 people die. You either have terribly misplaced trust or ...I've been trolled.

:clap:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion

i may accidentally trolled you, i didnt even think about gm recalls when i posted this :laugh: ill take that back

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Indeed that thing is an atrocious eye sore. Esp in person. Its tall as hell weird skinny tires, awkward doors. It literally looks like a yaris with a two tone paint job and a BMW badge.

i see it more like scion xb "the rolling toaster" chopped the doors off, electric motor swap and put a dimmer badge

Bender1

Banned
Everyone I know whos not a car person wants to buy this when it comes out. If youre smart, save up 35k and buy TSLA stocks instead.. this things gonna soar. Musk is also laying down extensive charging station infrastrucutre all across America and it is the first truly tech-focused mass market car that will capture the millenial market.

Maybe this will drive down the price of petrol cars so I can pick up a used M4 or R400 for pennies on the dollar soon.

It wont and TSLA is already over valued.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Am i the only one that hates Tesla? I think it's because everyone down here is so gaga over it... im sick of hearing how amazing and incredible it is. Yeah it's impressive, but how much money are you saving when you have to pay that ridiculous price tag!! Give me a Diesel. Or if i really just want a fancy electric, a Fisker Karma. At least that has some style.

Bender1

Banned
Am i the only one that hates Tesla? I think it's because everyone down here is so gaga over it... im sick of hearing how amazing and incredible it is. Yeah it's impressive, but how much money are you saving when you have to pay that ridiculous price tag!! Give me a Diesel. Or if i really just want a fancy electric, a Fisker Karma. At least that has some style.

Ummm ridiculous price tag? An EX-L Accord is $33,000. Don't know how $35,000 for this is ridiculous at all?

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion

True but Edmunds is on their third (or is it fourth?) drive unit in their long term car which indicates some serious long term reliability issues.