GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suspension modeling

doctorGolfR

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK VII Golf R
I have some of the measurements written down (subframe pickup, up-top shock, lca), as I've played with racingaspirations before. I'll see if I can find them again. The biggest trouble I had and never solved when trying to play with it was all the upright measurements.

I have a pair of unused CSS knuckles I can measure, but I'm not sure... well how to measure them.
Still have these for sale?

mkvii.717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Look I know this is a golf forum but I am just wondering how much of this transfers to the GLI. I am currently running in STH and have mountune springs( i know not up to snuff but stuff aint cheap) ST rsb moog links and I am in the process of getting 034 camber kit. We know the GLI is heavier so I am wondering if the fsb needs to be done. i did a few Autox events last year with all-season tires and I liked how the car behaved attitude-wise but was strongling monumentally with grip. I picked up some rt660 this winter and adding the camber what else should I look to do? I know coil overs are ideal but since I have DCC they are also crazy expensive but I am open to hearing any ideas even if I cannot put them into place anytime soon. Thanks

mkvii.717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
same thing everyone else does in the STH thread. coilovers, offset bushing. FSB is a good move especially if you need to drop the subframe for anything (LCA bushings on DSG cars).
Yea I know coils would be big deal but they are also 2k plus to get something worth my while. Can you help a newb out with what is offset bushings? Would that be an issue since I have camber plates and the STH rules?

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

mkvii.717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yea I know coils would be big deal but they are also 2k plus to get something worth my while. Can you help a newb out with what is offset bushings? Would that be an issue since I have camber plates and the STH rules?
Do you currently have camber plates with stock suspension?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Camber plates are about to go on with mountune springs and stock dcc shocks
Dcc shocks do a great job, don't go too low though.

What kind of drop do you get with the mounting springs?

mkvii.717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Dcc shocks do a great job, don't go too low though.

What kind of drop do you get with the mounting springs?
They say about an inch I don't think they are too low but again hard to tell I did measure the other day and from what I could tell from the other threads I am not lower than golf r ride height.

That's what I have heard about the dcc too just haven't been convinced that it's worth it especially at my low skill level to upgrade to coils

Attachments

• IMG_20220513_212241_985.jpg
    IMG_20220513_212241_985.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 40

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They say about an inch I don't think they are too low but again hard to tell I did measure the other day and from what I could tell from the other threads I am not lower than golf r ride height.

That's what I have heard about the dcc too just haven't been convinced that it's worth it especially at my low skill level to upgrade to coils
Yeah, I was going to need say, Golf R ride height is about as low as this platform likes.