GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Street racing

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Blame the government to justify breaking the law yup.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You mad or na? come get me, Mr. Officer.

BTW, if you as much think that you're perfect, then you're delusional. We all break laws one way or another.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I’m with Adam on this one. Seek whatever thrills you need to satisfy whatever it is that floats your boat, but don’t put the lives of others at risk when you do it.

I ride bicycles in some intentionally dangerous situations but the danger is all on me, no one else. If I die, oh well, sucks to be me, but at least I’m not making the decision to die for anyone else.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
You mad or na? come get me, Mr. Officer.

BTW, if you as much think that you're perfect, then you're delusional. We all break laws one way or another.
Never said I didn't race. But I own up to it being wrong.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Never said I didn't race. But I own up to it being wrong.

And so do I. I did not make that comment to blame anyone. Hell, I even said I take mexico Highway trips and race. What I alluded to was that, when a track closed down, Naturally, people who like the 1/4 thrill, where still going to do it one way or another.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Making false equivalencies doesn't bolster one's argument.

Comparing passive emissions pollution (something that just happens when you run the car) to active risk taking, (your choice to heat it up on the roads) you really don't offer yourself much ground to defend.

Those two things are ridiculous to compare and you really only assist Adam's ability to speak from the high horse.

Obviously it's hyperbolic to assert that street racing is some kind of mounting epidemic facing society. Really easy to point out single incidents which aren't indicative of a trend. It really isn't as common as this kind of forum would have you believe. It is risky though, it's silly to try and deflect that, just own it.

Lots of us like taking all sorts of risks, we all perceive people that tell us to be careful as mother hens (or worse). Just know that it'll always be difficult to defend risky behavior. Most of the time it's better to just own the risk and acknowledge that it's real. Otherwise, if you're just riling Adam up by being contrarian, than I think that's hilarious. :p

Last edited:

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
More people die from complications and medical issues caused by being overweight, than are killed from street racing... but I still fucked up a stack of burritos for dinner.

Don't be all high and mighty about any issue, it's annoying, and causes the people that are undecided about an issue to actively choose the other side.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
There are people that will defend and justify all kinds of stupid shit. Drunk driving, pedophilia, the KKK you name it. You cant argue with these people because they truly believe they are just and no debate will change their mind. Sadly, just a fact of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
And so do I. I did not make that comment to blame anyone. Hell, I even said I take mexico Highway trips and race. What I alluded to was that, when a track closed down, Naturally, people who like the 1/4 thrill, where still going to do it one way or another.

Putting Mexican lives in danger versus Americans? Well, I guess that's better plus you're preventing more from scaling the wall. :D

Hoon

Autocross Champion
This thread is ironic because people with zero practical experience are telling other people with extensive firsthand experience what the dangers are.

Street racing can be looked at much the same way illegal drugs can be looked at. It's not black and white, it's a spectrum. The person who takes a few tokes before bed every night is totally different than the helpless heroin addict on the street. To lump them together as illegal drug users is technically accurate, but realistically ignorant.

You can't simply group street racers together and say they're all dangerous, irresponsible degenerates. Some are, of course. They can typically be found on city streets racing 16 second shitboxes, often stoned and/or drunk after their shift ends at Autozone.

Others i know are business owners earning 7 figures, providing for their familes, and racing $300-500K cars after the kids are in bed on Friday or Saturday night. Do you think someone with a UGR Lambo and a 1700whp GTR (among a dozen other cars) is racing drunk teenagers in the hood on city streets? If you can afford to build and maintain a FAST street car, chances are you're more mature, have some significant disposable income, and have plenty to lose.

The video i just posted in the MK7 vs section is a perfect example of street racing with no danger to the public. This is a road behind an industrial area with nothing residential nearby, no cross streets, just woods on both sides of the road. You have a very long line of sight, and in the rare event that a non-participant comes down there late at night, the cars that are lined up just pull off and let the person through.

This is not a new spot, people have raced there since the 70s. The cops know on any given Friday or Saturday night know there are dozens of cars down there racing. They could put a stop to it very easily, but they don't because they don't want to end up with people racing in areas where a member of the pubic could be hurt. Much better to let consenting adults endanger each other in one isolated spot then to push them into populated areas.

There have been many attempts to build a drag strip there, investors found, and it even made it on the ballot a few times and was voted down. So instead of a legitimate drag strip where people race in the evening, they have an illegitimate one where people race from 10pm until the cops eventually get called by some do-gooder who took a wrong turn and stumbled upon 100 cars and a crowd of people in the middle of nowhere.

Generally, cops don't care about racing that's done by reasonably responsible adults. I've had a multitude of interactions with the cops over the years, and typically they just tell people to knock it off and call it a night. Now, if you do hood rat things in populated areas, you're going to have problems. Don't block traffic, race on city streets or around people on the highway, etc. and no one really cares. Hell, i've raced a few off duty cops.

Data is from 90s to 2001. So not really valid. Unless you still have a vcr

Outdated and invalid are not the same thing.

The data is outdated because researchers have realized that so few people die in anything involving street racing, that it is too low on the list of public health concerns to waste time with.

100% of the people killed by recreational activities were the participants. If my chute didn't open the last time I went skydiving, I would have been the only one killed. If I go cage-diving and the shark bites his way into the cage, he's going to eat me, and not the family of 5 who were driving past the beach in their minivan.

For years i lived 1 block from the beach. Never once raced there.

Do you see how that works?

You're so blind, and yet you continue to stumble on.

Do you realize that the choices you make for yourself and your life are yours and you are free to own them, but that you are NOT free to make choices for anyone else's life?

Street racing means putting the public in dange. You have no right to do that none whatsoever. 100% of street racing deaths are preventable.

If you take it to a track and end up killing yourself, that's completely your business. But when you refuse to take it to a track and you do it on the street because you think it's your right or something, and you injure or kill others, that is indefensible--as well as being 100% preventable.

Your right to swing your arm ends at my nose.

The ignorance that street racers like yourself spew is astounding.

No Adam, you're completely ignorant to the subject and post self-righteous garbage. Your assertion that members of the public are inherently endangered because the activity takes place on a public road is false.

Much like prohibition or teaching teenagers abstinence, your ideas of prevention are not reality. Luckily law enforcement has more common sense, and only bothers with it when a student council weenie like yourself picks up the phone because you heard a race car make a pass a mile away.

There is not a single drag strip in RI, MA, or CT. You have to go to NH or NY. Drive 3-5 hours, pay $40 + fuel, and if it's busy you might only get a few passes after a 12 hour commitment. No one wants to deal with that.

Want to roll race? Nope. Want to race your car against a friend's bike? Nope. Want to take a friend for a pass? Can't be faster than 13s. Have a daily driver that runs mid 11s? Better cut up your interior and cage it or you're getting thrown out.

Would i prefer to be on a track? Absolutely.

Am i willing to deal with all the bullshit? Maybe once every year or two, otherwise i'll take a dig race in the middle of nowhere or a highway roll any day.

When Kansas City decided to shut down KCIR, They knew what was about to happen.

If they didn't, they should have. You guys have a pretty active car scene out there, and if the only legal outlet is removed, there's damn sure going to be a lot of street racing.

adam1991

Banned
And there you go, spouting insanity in an attempt to justify your behavior--because "I WANNA! WAAAH!"

So there's no drag strip in your area. So? Does that give you the RIGHT to do what you want on public streets, just because "I WANNA! WAAH!"? No, it doesn't. How's this sound: either travel to where the drag strip is, move to where the drag strip is, or open your own.

But the public roads do not exist for YOUR specific desire here.

As for this gem:

This thread is ironic because people with zero practical experience are telling other people with extensive firsthand experience what the dangers are.

You are talking about yourself here.

As for local law enforcement...

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I guess the degree of risk and danger involved is all relative. Is street racing illegal? Yes. Does it increase the chance of injuring yourself and others. Yes. But it can be done either responsibly or irresponsibly. If it’s an open road with no other cars and pedestrians— Im ok with it.

Do you ever speed? Thats breaking the law and potentially dangerous as well. If you dont, Id say your a hypocrite and why are you even driving a performance car to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

adam1991

Banned
It doesn't matter how carefully you do it; you're doing it on entirely unpredictable roads with no warning to those who are LAWFULLY on those roads, doing lawful activities.

The fact is, you can prevent 100% of the deaths, injuries, and damage done to innocent victims by choosing not to race on public roads.

Instead, Hoon chooses to declare that because he has no drag strips nearby, he's ENTITLED to race on public roads.

It's that kind of entitlement that must be addressed.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
And there you go, spouting insanity in an attempt to justify your behavior--because "I WANNA! WAAAH!"

So there's no drag strip in your area. So? Does that give you the RIGHT to do what you want on public streets, just because "I WANNA! WAAH!"? No, it doesn't. How's this sound: either travel to where the drag strip is, move to where the drag strip is, or open your own.

But the public roads do not exist for YOUR specific desire here.

As for this gem:

You are talking about yourself here.

As for local law enforcement...

I'm talking about us. You're the person with no experience and a soap box.

You have such a hard-on for this topic that you thought some random video of an idiot crashing on a city street was thread worthy, and a way to say "haha look you're idiots this is actually dangerous and this video proves it".

It doesn't matter how carefully you do it; you're doing it on entirely unpredictable roads with no warning to those who are LAWFULLY on those roads, doing lawful activities.

The fact is, you can prevent 100% of the deaths, injuries, and damage done to innocent victims by choosing not to race on public roads.

Instead, Hoon chooses to declare that because he has no drag strips nearby, he's ENTITLED to race on public roads.

It's that kind of entitlement that must be addressed.

Entitled? Find where I said I was entitled to anything.

Also, while you're putting words in my mouth, I suggest you look up the definition of the word "right".

You don't even have the right to drive a car, let alone race one, so I certainly never said or believed I have a right to street race.