GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

State of the Forum..

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
See, i don't get this tom-dickery over at the other forums which is a shame. I don't want to say Tesla owners aren't 'car people' because some certainly are. But man most of them couldn't change a tire without AAA.
All the Tesla owners I know are too busy driving back and forth to service centers for new motors, batteries, and infotainment screens to screw around on forums 😬

All kidding aside, I'm not a Tesla fan, but it's cool that they're getting new people into "car culture". Maybe with a little time and enthusiasts like yourself in their community, they're learn and grow with the hobby.

AzteCypher

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I still value forums over FB groups as they contain valuable information that I find easier to digest. I don't post a lot but I do get a lot of info from the forums. I've never liked the "go search for it response" but I understand that it's frustrating answering the same thing over and over again. The FAQs help a lot in that respect. I try to do multiple searches before asking the questions but sometimes my Google Fu isn't as good as I'd like.

All that being said, I still come to this forum first over Vortex as I can make my way around here a lot easier than I can at the Vortex. Thanks to the mods that put forth the effort to keep it going.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It isn't toxic not to help new members (Not sure where that language even came from) but if you aren't welcoming you're helping the decline.

If you know the answer or know where the answer is found, just share, or don't. Your choice.

If you can take the time to tell someone to search it doesn't take any more effort to just be helpful. You can always tell if you're actually helping someone or if you're enabling someone to be lazy.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I still value forums over FB groups as they contain valuable information that I find easier to digest. I don't post a lot but I do get a lot of info from the forums. I've never liked the "go search for it response" but I understand that it's frustrating answering the same thing over and over again. The FAQs help a lot in that respect. I try to do multiple searches before asking the questions but sometimes my Google Fu isn't as good as I'd like.

All that being said, I still come to this forum first over Vortex as I can make my way around here a lot easier than I can at the Vortex. Thanks to the mods that put forth the effort to keep it going.
I hate using FB (and reddit) for information, mostly because the advice is coming from a 17 year old who "will buy the car in the future" but is an expert now and has built many cars.

I prefer this forum over vortex as well. It's much easier to find information you're looking for and people here know what they're talking about.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Analogy

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRNrbduN/?k=1

Screenshot_20220706-125405_TikTok.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The thing about Facebook is you have to be willing to be on Facebook.

I joined Facebook for the classified b/s/t groups, that's it. If you have stuff to sell, you're greatly reducing your audience if you don't use it.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
I joined Facebook for the classified b/s/t groups, that's it. If you have stuff to sell, you're greatly reducing your audience if you don't use it.
This. Finally sold the DP and suspension parts I had listed on here because of the facebook. Make it using a fake name if you want, and never log in. But having it to buy and sell is a solid move