GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shipping Wheels

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
What is cheapest way to ship? I called R and L Carriers, and opted for terminal to terminal. With tires I estimated 100 lbs. Quote was about 150.00.

Going from Florida to NC.

Any tips?

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Here is one I learned when I shipped mine From CA to NJ... I did quick estimate on UPS site for my wheels and just included weight come to find out dimensions are important as well... So I went thinking to spend 115 to ship but after they measured it came out to 170. Luckily the buyer was willing to cough up the extra bucks for it. So take dimensions to account when shipping

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
A guy shipped me wheels in boxes, with 2 wheels taped together - so it counts as one parcel and not two. He says it saved him some good money - maybe something to try?

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I've used uship before for shipping big things and cars. You can usually arrange door to door and also typically get a small-business or small operation (think guys with trailers doing weekend hauls). Works out to be cheaper a lot of times and also personal service is a plus.

Papa

Ready to race!
I tried quoting shipping wheels and tires via UPS today and it's giving $170 quotes to ship 4wheels and tires. How are people shipping them for so much cheaper?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Are you stacking in them in sets of 2 and taping/strapping together? You can get a free account with fedex and they give you a discount.

DSF767

Ready to race!
I am shipping a set of wheels/tires across the county today MA to CA and I can tell you its not cheap. I have a feeling when that article was written a few years ago when fuel was cheaper. I packaged myself and to do it right you have to pay, but its well worth it to package correctly as you don't want them damaged.

This is how I packaged them, I put foam on the faces and doubled cardboarded both sides then tapped and plastic wrapped them, really the only way to ship wheels.

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
I shipped wheels (no tires) earlier this year for about $50. I went to UHaul and got two medium boxes to fit 2 17 inch wheels. Had the dimensions of the box and got quotes online and went with Fedex.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Shipping wheels is a near epic rape esp across country. I'd expect about 150-250 depending on weight and destination. I have shipped quite a few sets I found fedex to be cheaper than UPS.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I just shipped 4 OEM 17" wheels back to AZ from PA due to a Paypal dispute... cost me $125 via USPS parcel post with signature confirmation. Took 10 days to reach their destination.

UPS and FedEx quoted me around $200 for regular ground.