GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Swaybar: H&R 24mm or Superpro 22mm for DD?

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
I believe you. The product I linked you to works wonders though.
Roger that, i'm just so damn lazy that i haven't bothered trying to lube it again. I may just buy a parrot to go with the pirate ship creaking.

I would double check the sway bar brackets and endlinks first. A lubricated bushing won't be the cause of noise, something else is going on

I don't know, the creaking is primarily in the rear bar which is easy to verify bracket and endlink torques and all is well back there. I believe it's in the nature of the poly bushings that the lube just gets squeezed out with use, and the lack of zerk fittings on the brackets is because if you have a hole in the poly bushing to transport the lube from zerk to friction surface, you end up with a bush that splits at the hole with use. There, i said it. :D

That is a solid top 3 but I'm now finding a lot of sway bar options to be too stiff after doing a full suspension upgrade including 034 bars. Even soft might be a little too stiff so I definitely recommend an adjustable bar if you're planning to add coilovers or a front bar.
Going too big/stiff may feel sporty and while it's awesome sliding around corners it can bite you at high speeds. Just something to keep in mind if you go down the suspension rabbit hole
No argument there, a bar's rate should be appropriate for your spring rate.

For stock springs, bigger rear bar is better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Wade_GT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI S 6M

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Just ordered the 24mm H&R from emnotek for $268/shipped.

Wanted that one but saw Urotuning has the ST RSB for $178 shipped. Was going to wait until spring but what the hell.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Superpro supplied lubricant was used and everything was assembled to specification with new fasteners. Shit's just creaky.

My 034/Moog setup got a little creaky recently luckily I was able to back up on my ramps grease the bar and end links via the zerk fittings and voila just like new nice and quiet. Having grease fittings is def worth it!

Wade_GT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI S 6M
I just ordered the H&R 24mm bar yesterday from Achtuning. They had the best price I could find closely followed by shopdap.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Get the one with the Zerk Serviceable Brackets

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
My 034/Moog setup got a little creaky recently luckily I was able to back up on my ramps grease the bar and end links via the zerk fittings and voila just like new nice and quiet. Having grease fittings is def worth it!

this exactly. I love my 034 bar and being able to grease it is amazing. only complaint is the MOOG end links don't allow you to set it on full stiff but I have not seen any good long term views on any aftermarket end links for a street car and don't want to mess with this car so went with MOOG anyway

034 rsb ftw

So would a 24mm bar be more ideal/appropriate for somebody that upgraded their shocks and springs?
I have no idea, as I'm on stock springs.

I will tell you that with previous builds of everything from a Corrado, a few Subarus and Miatas, I've always needed to change bars once I went to coilovers with track appropriate springs.

Bars are cheap and resellable, so they're a great tuning tool to compliment your spring rates.. I would always go back to stock bars when changing spring rates significantly and start over assessing your handling balance.

If you can find an adjustable rear bar with significant tuning range, where the stiffest is giving you the rotation you want, might be worth a try. It isn't hard to figure bar rates, but getting wall thickness info from manufacturers for hollow bars can be difficult.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
... the lack of zerk fittings on the brackets is because if you have a hole in the poly bushing to transport the lube from zerk to friction surface, you end up with a bush that splits at the hole with use.* There, i said it. :D

Not if they fail in another spot first!

: (