GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Re-Installing OEM Clutch Bleeder Block: How to Bleed System???

BodegaBay

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So I installed the ECS 6-speed Clutch Bleeder Block and so far...meh? I'm not liking the new feel like it's hyped up to be. Yes, it's more smooth but at the same time it seems more vague to me -- too dapened.

That said, I'm going back to the OEM unit. My question is how do I bleed the system to remove all air? The ECS unit's bleeder valve has a one-way check valve, so no special bleeding equipment is needed. It was pretty simple bleeding the ECS unit. How do I do the same thing for the OEM unit? Can I fit a one-way bleeder valve to the OEM unit as well?

Thx guys.

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
FYI Amazon sells these, if you like Amazon.

This is the one I used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C5C71S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

If you want to find one elsewhere the size is M8-1.25X27.6

But before you abandon all hope... if you haven't seen <this thread>, I highly recommend trying that mod as well. That spring is also contributing to the vagueness. It might just do the trick for you. I also put in a stainless steel clutch line, and dogbone insert, which also helped. My clutch is still light of course, but I wouldn't describe it as vague anymore. The sum of these things are definitely much better than the bleed delay mod alone.

thelateoctober

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2919 R
FYI Amazon sells these, if you like Amazon.

This is the one I used: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C5C71S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

If you want to find one elsewhere the size is M8-1.25X27.6

But before you abandon all hope... if you haven't seen <this thread>, I highly recommend trying that mod as well. That spring is also contributing to the vagueness. It might just do the trick for you. I also put in a stainless steel clutch line, and dogbone insert, which also helped. My clutch is still light of course, but I wouldn't describe it as vague anymore. The sum of these things are definitely much better than the bleed delay mod alone.

Does this replace the stock bleeder valve? Apologies for the possible dumb question. I'm relatively new to working on my own cars and I don't want to screw something up. I would loosen this an 1/8 turn, pump the clutch slow 5 or 6 times then tighten?