Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
245/40/18 Michelin A/S 3

RSE10 18x8.5 ET45

VWR Springs

No rubbing at all, yet.

How much lower will the VWR settle? They were installed 5 days ago and I drive about 50 miles per day. Currently they are 14.25" from fender to center hub all the way around.

I'm on Neuspeed sport springs and about 13.5" from center hub to fender...I thought the VWRs were about the same, no? I like where I am right now but have always been curious about the VWRs given all the praise. Thanks.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
2016 GTI DSG with DCC. Leaving the Austins on, for now. Looking at the ECS kit (VWR springs and spacers).

Questions:
- How long should the install take (hunting local mechanics for quotes)?
- Any issues with alignment or increased/uneven tire wear?
- Is there a specific VWR part number/model to specifically choose?
- Any issues with needing to adjust the headlight level?
- Any issues with DCC?
- Any other issues to be aware of?

I have read through a lot the info in these threads but I do find that some of it is conflicting. And I am new to this stuff, so just wanted to make sure.

Thanks guys...

Last edited:

ReflexGTI1

Ready to race!
2016 GTI DSG with DCC. Leaving the Austins on, for now. Looking at the ECS kit (VWR springs and spacers).

Questions:
- Any issues with DCC?

I have read through a lot the info in these threads but I do find that some of it is conflicting. And I am new to this stuff, so just wanted to make sure.

Thanks guys...

Not sure on the dcc part but I have the VWR kit from ECS and it's perfect. No uneven tire wear so far at 5k miles on the setup. Headlights seemed low at first but are on par with a stock GTI with LP. (I compared) install I paid about 130 bucks for install. Don't know about time because I dropped it off in the morning and picked it up at the end of the day.
Advice wise, if u get the kit with the replacement OEM bolts, either mark the bolts to confirm they were swapped properly or specifically ask for the old bolts back so you can compare.
My build thread has pics of the settled drop. I'm completely pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD_MK7

Ready to race!

Questions:
- Any issues with DCC?

Thanks guys...

1. 3-4 hours max for a mechanic (4-6 if doing it alone the first time)
2. No
3. Model specific - ask a vendor
4. No
5. No
6. No

nype

Drag Racing Champion
^ Cool...thx JD...and Reflex...

jafo1701

Questions:
- Any issues with DCC?

Thanks guys...

I have the VWR sport for my 2016 GTI PP, LP, Autobahn. I did the rears myself, but took it to my mechanic friend at his shop to do the fronts. Took him about two hours. He just charged me actual time, so $200 even. No need to adjust alignment, everything tracks straight, steering wheel centered. There is a specific part # for the GTI springs. I did have to adjust my head light level, had to raise them a bit. Besides the look, car drives pretty much stock, maybe a bit stiffer. I'm riding on the stock Austins, with Continental DWS 06.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I've checked with a few local shops and they recommend an alignment with any suspension mods. Was wondering if that was just a cash grab. Sounds like it should be done.

SLOWR

Ready to race!
Mine on vwr springs with 18" turbomac wheels

Attachments

• 20160627_164617_resized_1.jpg
    20160627_164617_resized_1.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 3,136

figgy1

Ready to race!
So after months of trying to get a proper drop on my 1.6 TDi I finally managed it using VWR springs last week. I had a nightmare with a VW dealership and DG springs as you may have seen from my previous posts. Instead I went with VWR springs and have now achieved the perfect drop at last. This is not a dig on anybody fitting DG springs to their cars but a reminder to make sure you are getting the correct springs in the first place when purchasing.
In my case the VW Dealership made the mistake.1st pic has DG springs and last pic has the VWR springs fitted. Way lower both back and front now. Ride quality isnt as nice as DG springs but on saying that it is still nice! Its low I was going for and now I have it as last

Attachments

• F483DABB-8A9F-4265-A8A1-EAC76C6B6A81.JPG
    F483DABB-8A9F-4265-A8A1-EAC76C6B6A81.JPG
    619.4 KB · Views: 3,005
  • IMG_2087.JPG
    IMG_2087.JPG
    512.9 KB · Views: 2,890

Hexxum001

Ready to race!
I'm glad I found this thread. I was on the fence as to which springs I wanted to get. I had H & R's on my MKV GTI and I really liked them. But this thread has convinced me to go with VWR springs.