GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2014 code - Intake Manifold runner position sensor/switch circuit bank 1a

GTIManEG

Ready to race!
The fact that people are linking to treads that have nothing to do with the engines in the new GTI and are calling out the wrong part blows my mind. The amount of in common the Gen1 and the Gen3 have can just about be counted on one hand. Also how fast this thread went off topic is sad.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REPLACE THE MANIFOLD OR REMOVE IT!!!
Get the old Gen 1 SHIT out of your heads people it's a new engine!
Rant done.

What you can do.

1) This problem/part 100% covered under warranty and you will probably get it covered. But what a lot of people don't know is that the dealer does not look for the tune and flag your car. It's VW, when they are looking at the log the dealer turned in to show proof that the fault is in the ECM to get the claim covered.
The fact that you have flashed your ECM, no amount of flash counter reset will really help you if VW wants to dig for it.
You are at risk of being flagged.
Sorry no sugar coating it.

2) You could buy the part and replace it yourself, run basic setting when replaced.
Sensor is G336

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Does the hard vacuum line run straight to that? I'm talking about the one that goes to the vacuum pump on the block.

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed
The fact that people are linking to treads that have nothing to do with the engines in the new GTI and are calling out the wrong part blows my mind. The amount of in common the Gen1 and the Gen3 have can just about be counted on one hand. Also how fast this thread went off topic is sad.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REPLACE THE MANIFOLD OR REMOVE IT!!!
Get the old Gen 1 SHIT out of your heads people it's a new engine!
Rant done.

What you can do.

1) This problem/part 100% covered under warranty and you will probably get it covered. But what a lot of people don't know is that the dealer does not look for the tune and flag your car. It's VW, when they are looking at the log the dealer turned in to show proof that the fault is in the ECM to get the claim covered.
The fact that you have flashed your ECM, no amount of flash counter reset will really help you if VW wants to dig for it.
You are at risk of being flagged.
Sorry no sugar coating it.

2) You could buy the part and replace it yourself, run basic setting when replaced.
Sensor is G336
Hi friend,

I repleace this sensor [06K907386B],

Before replacing they showed the errors P2004 and P2015 ...

After replacing the sensor is showing code P2014,

And now, what I do?

Sorry my bad English

Last edited:

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi friend,

I repleace this sensor [06K907386B],

Before replacing they showed the errors P2004 and P2015 ...

After replacing the sensor is showing code P2014,

And now, what I do?

Sorry my bad English

The erros code P2004, P2015 turn back again,
And p2014 now :(

rafamonteiroo

Passed Driver's Ed
Friends, I solved the problem,

The following happened ...

My car has Intake from BMC as you can see in the image below:

OK...

I was giving the errors P2015 and P2004, searching a lot I came to the conclusion of the simpler, which could be the position sensor of the Intake Manifold 06k907386b:

I bought this used sensor from a stripper for $ 80, I did not find new.

I got the sensor switched ...

However, it did not solve my problem and besides the P2015 codes and P2004 was showing me more the P2014 code!

With that, I even bought the complete collector that has not yet arrived ... but something gave me a light,

Look in the Intake air box oem:

It has a 1/4 hose going for oem intake !!!

This 1/4 hose is connected to the intake manifold solenoid

And my hose was locked! She stepped out of the solenoid and went to that pin there, the solenoid was choked and did not "breathe" through that vacuum hose!

This caused the P2015 and P2004 errors from the start ... I left the hose outdoors to breathe, I cleared the errors, okay, but I still had the P2014 ...

In this I took my old original car position sensor,
And put it back,
I deleted the errors ... no more errors appeared!
I drove 50km with the car, I hung up, I called several times, I accelerated a lot, I went good ... and no more mistakes came back!
Before, the light was almost instantaneous.

Too bad ... I bought a faulty sensor, so it made me go after a whole sink ... and it made me break my head even more ...
And who did that in the hose? I think it was the guy who washed the engine, put it there to keep the water out, and it was like this ...

Here is my report and learning about these errors ...

Sorry for my bad English, it was translated with Google lol

katanamst279

Passed Driver's Ed
I had an issue with one of my intake manifold sensors and flap was stuck open. They replaced those two parts under warranty. From what I read online these intake manifold are not super reliable and tend to break in other cars as well. VW should probably do a recall when they release a more reliable version

cozzah

Car(s)
'16 TSI 5MT
I have the same issue with the same codes on my 1.8 gen 3. just replaced the sensor and all the lines seem okay? on my boost gauge i notice it will go from vacuum to 0psi but not boost

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Sensor is G336
I'm preparing to do this sensor install myself and worst case scenario, install a new manifold. I know this is old, but does anyone know what is meant by 'run basic setting'? I'm assuming it's an adaptation in VCDS after install. Is it as simple as Engine>Basic Setting>Manifold Adaptation?

Any help is appreciated,
Cheers,