GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Has anyone used this to build torque-target-based tunes (sometimes I see this referred to as load-based)? I'd like to look into building a tune that's targeting a specified power level so it can adapt to different conditions. Like OEM but with higher targets. Not sure if that's too complicated for an average Joe vs. a boost-target-based tune.

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone used this to build torque-target-based tunes (sometimes I see this referred to as load-based)? I'd like to look into building a tune that's targeting a specified power level so it can adapt to different conditions. Like OEM but with higher targets. Not sure if that's too complicated for an average Joe vs. a boost-target-based tune.
Yep. It's relatively easy to put together a "stage 1" type tune that way. Also easy enough to set all the limits (for max boost, max pressure ratio, etc) so you can make them match the new power, and keep their functionality.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Yep. It's relatively easy to put together a "stage 1" type tune that way. Also easy enough to set all the limits (for max boost, max pressure ratio, etc) so you can make them match the new power, and keep their functionality.
That’s great. I have no idea how to get started 😂. I have Simos Tools and A0 dongle. Is there a guide or wiki?

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Switchleg been working hard on some new goodies. Controlled using the SAI output wiring. First day of testing and just being used to spool up a Mamba 3076. I'll just leave this here:

1693706753996.png

1693707410989.png

Manual car BTW, 35 shot to get it moving....

1693707511236.png

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Ditto. At the behest of switch, I picked up an A0 from sparkfun. I have simos tools. Where can I start reading?

I made a few quick videos giving a crash course in navigating ST and getting started. Check the video descriptions in YT, the first one has a link to my dongle setup instructions.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Switchleg been working hard on some new goodies. Controlled using the SAI output wiring. First day of testing and just being used to spool up a Mamba 3076. I'll just leave this here:

View attachment 289810

View attachment 289811

Manual car BTW, 35 shot to get it moving....

View attachment 289812
I guess I need to add this to the list. All depends on how the 3076 feels to me once I get to experience that and do some pulls. If the shot really helps, then I will likely want it.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Cssoz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf 7, 2017 1.8T
Same request as above, maybe i get an invite to discord channel? Please and thank you!

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
The discord has been kind of repurposed for more established users (actually tuning on their own, not just poking around to see if they’re interested).

The Facebook group Simos Tools Users is where you want to start. Can still get info and help there, but due to some people stealing tons of info from the Discord repository, they ruined it for people genuinely curious (hence why the FB group was started).

There were also too many people joining because they “want to tune their car” and then see how involved it is and never hear again. Makes it hard to tell if someone is there just lurking for their own purposes, or trying to poach info for commercial gain.

This is the Super Weenie Hut Jr stepping stone to get you on your way though:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/926154161803291/?ref=share&mibextid=S66gvF

Look at the “featured posts” before anything else.

At some point I’ll maybe do a very basic video on the tuning process (NOT a how to tune guide). But to give a rough overview of what it entails and what the software looks like.

Edit: and no I’m not a moderator or anything. Don’t PM me asking for an invite anyway as I can’t generate one.

Last edited: