GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Navigation not working in hacked MIB STD

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
The only thing not working in my hacked MIB 2 STD unit is the navigation, not matter what i do it just wont accept any SD card.
I tried an original card from Ebay and loaded different regions on it but that didn't work, Also tried a normal SD card in combination with the navigation patch on MIB toolbox but still nothing.

No matter what I do the same message will be displayed: Navigation data in the Infotainment system is not valid. Check data.

Is there coding involved? maybe SWAP code is not compatible? any changes needed to be made to the navigation data as it is a hacked unit?

Thanks!

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
What software train is the unit running? What was the original region of the unit and what region are you trying to use? Navigation gets complicated (and may not work) if the region of the unit and the navigation region you want to use do not match. Have you checked the FECs through the service menu?

There may be some coding required but let's see where you stand.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
What software train is the unit running? What was the original region of the unit and what region are you trying to use? Navigation gets complicated (and may not work) if the region of the unit and the navigation region you want to use do not match. Have you checked the FECs through the service menu?

There may be some coding required but let's see where you stand.
Hey, Thanks for replying!

The unit was bought from china, came hacked with everything unlocked.
I am located in Israel and have tried different map versions of Israel with no luck, Also tried to change my navigation country to EU and upload EU maps but still no luck.

As for FECs, I have added some regions for testing including Israel and EU but the unit doesn't seem to care, The weird thing is, they are selling this exact hacked unit with navigation working so probably something on my end isn't working properly.

5F Multimedia

System description: MU-S-N-CN
Software number: 5Q0035866C
Software version: 0472
Hardware number: 5Q0035866C
Hardware version: H41
Serial number: SKZAZ2T5465439
ODX name: EV_MUStd4CTSAT
ODX version: 001022
Long coding: 02731001FF00000011110004000900211F0103C40180010047

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Hmm... to be honest, the Chinese units always seem to be challenging. By changing the navigation country, you mean you changed the long coding (Byte 3)? Have you also changed the SDS region?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, Tried experimenting with Byte 3 but it doesn't seem to do a whole lot.

Couldn't find SDS region anywhere on 5F, What is it?

brentgti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
5F Adaptations -> Vehicle Configuration -> SDS Region Flag

I think it is for speech. I don't think it would fix the issue but worth noting.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
What FECS do you have active? The navigation FECs, even for the same region are not universal. There are "lifetime" FECs that will allow all updates, but there are also year specific FECs.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
5F Adaptations -> Vehicle Configuration -> SDS Region Flag

I think it is for speech. I don't think it would fix the issue but worth noting.
Tried that, sadly nothing has changed.
What FECS do you have active? The navigation FECs, even for the same region are not universal. There are "lifetime" FECs that will allow all updates, but there are also year specific FECs.
Where can you find those FECs? the only ones I could find is in the FEC calculator.

Also, I spoke to a few sellers on Aliexpress who sell the Hacked MIB 2 unit and they say NAV is only available on EU/NAR maps, Then noticed in the FEC calculator site these are the only ones you can find.
Maybe that's what the sellers do?

P.S Compass works just fine since I've added the Navigation FEC, seems like I'm only missing the correct FEC for the maps.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I see FEC in there for EU maps. Is that what you were trying to run?

For NAR I would try 09410008 to start. Then maybe 09410099 if that doesn't work.

Possibly no relevance as I have MIB 2.5... but I initially had 09310008 active. Which worked for the 2018 /19 maps that were on my MIB 2.5 from factory (unit was bought from the dealer). When I wanted to update my maps I had to get rid of that and activate 09310099. With this active I updated three times now without issue, currently at 2023/24 maps.

You may also have to set the region to match in coding. So North America if you want to have North American maps. Or rest of world if you want EU maps. I'm not sure it will have any impact on whether or not you can make the FEC active, but it may impact whether or not maps will show valid when you try to go to navigation.

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Yep, Trying to make EU maps work.

Where did you get those FECs? I need the one for 2023/2024 EU, The only FEC for EU NAV I've found was 09400008 which should be just the standard one.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Gotcha, my (very possibly wrong) understanding was that EU MIB only had lifetime FEC since you guys can update maps for free. For NAR updates are not available from VW, which I suspect is why we have weird year specific FECs.

Unfortunately I won't be of much help with anything to do with EU or hacked units. My lifetime FEC was activated through ODIS online, remotely.

What's in your list of supported FECs? Should be able to view in the engineering menu. And just because I'm curious, could you post an adaptation map?

Wakizashi88

Car(s)
GOLF M ED TDI 2016
Guys can anyone help me find my FW? i think i have updated the maps.... i have the original sd card in the car and had to delete a few files like diff lang to make it work.

Can someone please help me?

Device part 3q0035874A
Software 0624
MST2 EU VW E0220D

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Gotcha, my (very possibly wrong) understanding was that EU MIB only had lifetime FEC since you guys can update maps for free. For NAR updates are not available from VW, which I suspect is why we have weird year specific FECs.

Unfortunately I won't be of much help with anything to do with EU or hacked units. My lifetime FEC was activated through ODIS online, remotely.

What's in your list of supported FECs? Should be able to view in the engineering menu. And just because I'm curious, could you post an adaptation map?
The supported list just has the normal FECs like: Bluetooth, Carplay, USB etc.. . and for some reason I cant seem to export the Admap from OBDeleven, Any specific Adaptations? I can send screenshots.

Also, Tried deleting all the FECs in my car just to not have more than one region FEC and only have the EU one active but for some reason after there were 0 FECs active, the unit still had everything unlocked, so my unit probably has some sort of custom software maybe? was expecting to lose all functions but nothing has happend.