GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NAV Card ROW

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hey, Is it possible to buy any nav card(Fits MIB 2 Of course) that does not include my country in it and update it using Updated map That Has my country from VW Website?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
I think as long as it is a compatible card and you update with a compatible map update then it should work just fine,
I updated my MIB2 maps just recently and I believe VW sets out the prerequisite for card compatibility on the update website,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I think as long as it is a compatible card and you update with a compatible map update then it should work just fine.

And what about just getting an sd card ( not vw one, just buy one with enough capacity ) and uploading the map data to it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
And what about just getting an sd card ( not vw one, just buy one with enough capacity ) and uploading the map data to it?

I already had a VW map card so just updated straight to that, all I can go by is the system requirements page posted above! It suggests discover media systems come with a card from factory so that should be used to update, but I can’t imagine (as long as it’s of matching specifications) why any card can’t be used, did you lose your map card??

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I already had a VW map card so just updated straight to that, all I can go by is the system requirements page posted above! It suggests discover media systems come with a card from factory so that should be used to update, but I can’t imagine (as long as it’s of matching specifications) why any card can’t be used, did you lose your map card??

Oh, Im Sorry I Didnt see the picture as i was from my phone.

From what I Read so far, the OEM SD Has a something in it that runs the maps and not just a regular card with maps on it. but I Will buy one tomorrow anyways and try.

Mine never Had an SD Card(Im Not the first Owner), it always said " please insert a data medium with valid navigation data "

Last edited:

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Why is it saying this error? Ive tried 2 different Computers and both do this

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG

I’m trying to update as well and it’s also doing this so must be a server issue.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I’m trying to update as well and it’s also doing this so must be a server issue.

Oh ok, But Dont I need to have NAV Data already on my unit before using this software?

Because what its installing is an update isnt it?

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Oh ok, But Dont I need to have NAV Data already on my unit before using this software?

Because what its installing is an update isnt it?

No, it’s a FULL update, it over rites the old data, you can format the card and the update still works.

sshlyk

Ready to race!

It means file has been modified. If this is official file, than check sum might be for previous update, otherwise someone tempered with the file.

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
It means file has been modified. If this is official file, than check sum might be for previous update, otherwise someone tempered with the file.
What file? And how can i fix it?