GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My amateur photography

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Didn't want to spam the hell out of the Official Photography thread, so I figured I'd start my own thread. Trying to shoot as much as possible this summer, so I'll just be posting random stuff (mostly cars :lol:). Hopefully I can get better to warrant turning this into a paying hobby :D

Any criticism is welcomed!

BMW E46 M3 Bromance by Vatche.K, on Flickr

BMW E46 M3 Steel Grey by Vatche.K, on Flickr

BMW E30 by Vatche.K, on Flickr

BMW E30 by Vatche.K, on Flickr

Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Turbo by Vatche.K, on Flickr

Volkswagen MK6 GTI by Vatche.K, on Flickr

Most recents from this weekend

BMW E60 M5 by Vatche.K, on Flickr

BMW E60 M5 by Vatche.K, on Flickr

BMW E46 M3 by Vatche.K, on Flickr

Black BMW E46 M3 by Vatche.K, on Flickr

bigdudeindenim

Ready to race!
Car(s)
22 VW Golf R
Great shots! I would hesitate calling you an amateur. Perhaps an enthusiast would be a better term. Well done!

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! I used to have an E46 sedan, and I plan on getting an M Coupe after the GTI, so I've always had a soft spot for BMW's :wub::wub:

Since you came from the BMW world, can I ask you a question? Are they really prone to issues? Everyone I talk to who has had one has said either their radiator leaked within 30k miles, the condensor got a hole in the backside (not the front like a rock would do) The radio screwed up, the fans never shut off, or turned on, and the list goes on...

They do look purty, but man, If they are that big of a money pit, I'll just keep looking...

So, What are your experiences with them? Are they that flawed?

HyeWarrior

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
If this is amateur, what the fuck is "pro"? Great shots dude!

Great shots! I would hesitate calling you an amateur. Perhaps an enthusiast would be a better term. Well done!
Aww thanks guys!
Great Pics! What Camera / Lens are you using? What settings?
Thanks! The last batch of shots were shot with a Canon 60D, I used to have a Canon T3 for the first few pictures. All the rolling shots (except of the yellow M3) were with a 28-135mm lens, and everything else is with a 50mm 1.8 lens :)

Since you came from the BMW world, can I ask you a question? Are they really prone to issues? Everyone I talk to who has had one has said either their radiator leaked within 30k miles, the condensor got a hole in the backside (not the front like a rock would do) The radio screwed up, the fans never shut off, or turned on, and the list goes on...

They do look purty, but man, If they are that big of a money pit, I'll just keep looking...

So, What are your experiences with them? Are they that flawed?
I know this will sound like a broken record, but maintenance! I had a 2003 e46 325i. Not exactly a performance oriented BMW, but I loved it for what it was. The previous owner did nearly none of the regular maintenance, so that was all on me. I didn't have a nightmarish experience with it, (besides a busted coolant tank, which is a common issue on the E46 generation). Aside from regular maintenance expected from a 10+ year old car with nearly 90K miles on it, nothing was a surprise. M cars are definitely a little more intensive though. Especially the E36 generation M3's.

Without going on a much longer rant, basic rule of thumb: avoid SMG transmissions if possible, avoid 2006-2012 BMW's with turbos, and make sure the cooling system has been inspected if looking at older/higher mileage cars.

:word:, great shots man

Excellent work!

very nice work sir.

Holy shit this is amazing! Post it in the Photography thread, we'd love to have you!

Thanks again guys! I really do appreciate the feedback :wub::wub:

when I saw amateur I was thinking otherwise.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
^lol