GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 R vs 370z

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Always liked the lines of 350/370-g35/37 coupes. The are quick enough for lot of people who want to look cool. But it would be nice to see a lighter turbo'd z car for next gen.

When you leave the car dealership with a 40k Nismo Z, you are quicker than a Gti,
But then what? Dude in gti spend 500-700 for a flash, slaps on 85-90hp to a 3000lb car.
I never had any issues in any of my modified tuned 4 pot turbo cars with a z car on the hwy.
Your driving a cool sleek car, but your losing often to lil tuner cars, nevermind the muscle car crowd. Game over. Still a nice car. And in the 90s if you could trap 104-107 mph in a sports car, you were ninja cool for sure. But times a changing. Nissan needs to change it up just like Subaru needs to stop putting fucking ej25 in there sti's lol

digilio86

Ready to race!
Always liked the lines of 350/370-g35/37 coupes. The are quick enough for lot of people who want to look cool. But it would be nice to see a lighter turbo'd z car for next gen.

When you leave the car dealership with a 40k Nismo Z, you are quicker than a Gti,
But then what? Dude in gti spend 500-700 for a flash, slaps on 85-90hp to a 3000lb car.
I never had any issues in any of my modified tuned 4 pot turbo cars with a z car on the hwy.
Your driving a cool sleek car, but your losing often to lil tuner cars, nevermind the muscle car crowd. Game over. Still a nice car. And in the 90s if you could trap 104-107 mph in a sports car, you were ninja cool for sure. But times a changing. Nissan needs to change it up just like Subaru needs to stop putting fucking ej25 in there sti's lol

Preach [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I was dead set on buying a Z....then I drove one. Fully loaded sport tech package, 6spd manual, with those awesome 19" rays wheels. It looked great but the drive was, well, boring. It felt heavy, bloated, and dull. The VQ engine sounded like crap too.

They were giving big discounts on new ones, could have probably picked one up for around the same price as the GTI, but no thanks. I didn't need a 4 door practical hatchback but it was the one that put the biggest smile on my face during the test drive.

Plus, with an IS38, a few bolt ons, and a tune, this car can be an absolute monster without requiring an unreasonable amount of work. Meanwhile, the 370z has limited potential for most.

p.s. Where is the R vs Z? I came here to witness a beating...

Towerworld

Passed Driver's Ed
Just this night I was driving down a highway at around 75 km/h to see a set of xenon headlights coming up fast behind me. I was doing a few pulls just before and was definitely in the "race" mind set.

As the car was passing me around 100km/h I downshifted from 6th to 4th and stepped on it. He was ahead by 3 or 4 car lengths by the time I had the pedal to the floor but within seconds I was passing him.

I was lucky enough to see the face of the driver as I passed him and there was a for sure a "what the fuck?" look on his face :D. Today was a good day.

Are you tuned or stock? Because My R doesn't feel much faster than my old G37 past 100km/h.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I was neck and neck with a 370z who had bolts on (sometimes I was a bit ahead).

I have a 17 Sport with a JB4 map 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaveup1

Passed Driver's Ed
Fellow R owner here who used to own a 370Z.

I hate to say anyone is full of it or anything, but stock for stock a *manual* R is not going to hang with a 370z (manual or auto) like this. A DSG R would fair a lot better, but holding boost in between shifts is what helps it.

Now, my current R (ED stg 1.5 93oct) would put a good hurting my old 370Z (Stillen gen 3 CAI, test pipes, catback, UpRev tune).

And no, I'm not trying to stir whole manual vs dsg thing again. It's just what I have experienced driving both.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Fellow R owner here who used to own a 370Z.

I hate to say anyone is full of it or anything, but stock for stock a *manual* R is not going to hang with a 370z (manual or auto) like this. A DSG R would fair a lot better, but holding boost in between shifts is what helps it.

Now, my current R (ED stg 1.5 93oct) would put a good hurting my old 370Z (Stillen gen 3 CAI, test pipes, catback, UpRev tune).

And no, I'm not trying to stir whole manual vs dsg thing again. It's just what I have experienced driving both.

That's good man all coments are welcome ;-)

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I had a new 07 350z HR with the VQ power bump. Nice car, but not in the same power range as a lot of cars today. Fun to drive on curvy roads. Became a little boring coming from 540/555 03 Cobra.

gaveup1

Passed Driver's Ed
With forced induction?

Yes, for 11's and lower, all the ones I am seeing are FI. But don't try and act like theres a bunch of is20 GTI's out there in the 11's. I remember at least a few NA ones were mid to low 12's with trap speeds around or over 110mph. They have a decent top end and stock for stock would pull rather well on a gti and a manual R.

The one big problem I remember about my Z was that if you weren't in the right gear, that car wasn't going anywhere anytime quickly. It lacked torque for sure, but the hp it made up top would make up for that.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Yes, for 11's and lower, all the ones I am seeing are FI. But don't try and act like theres a bunch of is20 GTI's out there in the 11's. I remember at least a few NA ones were mid to low 12's with trap speeds around or over 110mph. They have a decent top end and stock for stock would pull rather well on a gti and a manual R.

The one big problem I remember about my Z was that if you weren't in the right gear, that car wasn't going anywhere anytime quickly. It lacked torque for sure, but the hp it made up top would make up for that.

Plus they are pretty fat at 3.6-3.7k lbs!