GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
Yes there is a registration procedure within the software. I believe it prompts you to register the device when you first use it?

Hmm, nothing like that in my software, I've tried to register on the forum with the serial but nothing is happening as of yet, HOWEVER...

On the drive to work this morning, I selected the start-stop status screen and as expected, the screen said 2 things,
1) Engine must be running
2) Air conditioning requires engine to be running.

1 - is always a little strange because the engine was running.
2 - is the same message I've always had.

So when I pulled up at the first junction, in neutral and pressed the brake, the SS-Disabled symbol flashed up in the MFD and the status display still had these 2 messages, but as soon as I pulled away from the junction the status changed to "Start Stop system is available".

Sure enough, when I came to stop at the next junction, the engine stopped. So it looks like the main problem was that the internal humidity sensor was activated in the long coding, deactivating that has brought the system to full functionality, thank you for helping with this. I now feel a little more confident about moving on to sorting out the erroneous sensors now that it's working as it should, even if I don't actually like the SS function.

Regards, Dave.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hmm, nothing like that in my software, I've tried to register on the forum with the serial but nothing is happening as of yet, HOWEVER...

On the drive to work this morning, I selected the start-stop status screen and as expected, the screen said 2 things,
1) Engine must be running
2) Air conditioning requires engine to be running.

1 - is always a little strange because the engine was running.
2 - is the same message I've always had.

So when I pulled up at the first junction, in neutral and pressed the brake, the SS-Disabled symbol flashed up in the MFD and the status display still had these 2 messages, but as soon as I pulled away from the junction the status changed to "Start Stop system is available".

Sure enough, when I came to stop at the next junction, the engine stopped. So it looks like the main problem was that the internal humidity sensor was activated in the long coding, deactivating that has brought the system to full functionality, thank you for helping with this. I now feel a little more confident about moving on to sorting out the erroneous sensors now that it's working as it should, even if I don't actually like the SS function.

Regards, Dave.
"engine must be running" isn't related to the panel, it's actually telling you that the car is currently in the middle of a DPF regen and that you shouldn't stop the engine right now. Completely normal!

Glad things are looking up!

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
"engine must be running" isn't related to the panel, it's actually telling you that the car is currently in the middle of a DPF regen and that you shouldn't stop the engine right now. Completely normal!

Glad things are looking up!

Things have definitely improved, SS is working fine now although I've noted that the "Engine must be running" message actually doesn't seem to be related to anything in particular other than distance travelled (maybe engine warming up or something?), it's 11 miles to work and the message doesn't disappear until I'm around 8 miles into the journey.

More positive news is that I've obtained a chopped wiring loom plug with some of the pins inside that I can remove to make my Footwell temperature sensors and perhaps even the sunlight sensors.

Some slightly neutral news is that I signed up to the Rosstech forums with my cable serial number, my account was accepted but I'm listed as unverified, which at a guess I think means my serial is bunk. Looks like I was had...

Dave.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Things have definitely improved, SS is working fine now although I've noted that the "Engine must be running" message actually doesn't seem to be related to anything in particular other than distance travelled (maybe engine warming up or something?), it's 11 miles to work and the message doesn't disappear until I'm around 8 miles into the journey.

More positive news is that I've obtained a chopped wiring loom plug with some of the pins inside that I can remove to make my Footwell temperature sensors and perhaps even the sunlight sensors.

Some slightly neutral news is that I signed up to the Rosstech forums with my cable serial number, my account was accepted but I'm listed as unverified, which at a guess I think means my serial is bunk. Looks like I was had...

Dave.
See my previous reply for an explanation of "engine must be running". It is completely normal.

Follow the details in this thread to get verified over there: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/2601/

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I just messaged Uwe on the forum, my cable serial appears to be a knock-off, which makes me feel a bit ill considering what I paid for it.
Oh well, you live and learn.
That's a shame! If you're looking to get a legitimate replacement, Gendan Automotive is my preferred UK reseller.

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
That's a shame! If you're looking to get a legitimate replacement, Gendan Automotive is my preferred UK reseller.

I'm genuinely gutted mate, I've been ripped off and feel dirty even for using it.

I've been looking around already and can see Gendan do the unlimited VIN version. Cash isn't exactly overflowing at the minute after buying the MK7 so I'll have to hold off on buying for now but it's on the cards.

Guess that explains all the ROD file issues etc.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I'm genuinely gutted mate, I've been ripped off and feel dirty even for using it.

I've been looking around already and can see Gendan do the unlimited VIN version. Cash isn't exactly overflowing at the minute after buying the MK7 so I'll have to hold off on buying for now but it's on the cards.

Guess that explains all the ROD file issues etc.
Where and when did you buy it? Suppose no chance to return it/file a dispute?

You can get the 3 VIN and upgrade to the 10 VIN (then the unlimited VIN) later down the line by paying an upgrade fee.

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
Where and when did you buy it? Suppose no chance to return it/file a dispute?

You can get the 3 VIN and upgrade to the 10 VIN (then the unlimited VIN) later down the line by paying an upgrade fee.

Was a private sale, local bloke selling on FB because he was supposedly giving up the VW game. Basically absolutely zero comeback as it was a little while ago now, I've never had a need to use it so it's just been sitting in a drawer and this is what I find.

Interesting idea about 3 Vin version, I hadn't even considered that you could upgrade, I figured it was essentially fixed by the cable.

'Caveat Emptor' folks.

Aaaaaanyway, all that nastiness aside. I'm going to continue on with this project at my leisure now that I have the pins to accomodate the extra sensors. I'll report back again once I've got stuff working and conclude this upgrade for anyone reading from the start.

Regards, Dave.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Was a private sale, local bloke selling on FB because he was supposedly giving up the VW game. Basically absolutely zero comeback as it was a little while ago now, I've never had a need to use it so it's just been sitting in a drawer and this is what I find.

Interesting idea about 3 Vin version, I hadn't even considered that you could upgrade, I figured it was essentially fixed by the cable.

'Caveat Emptor' folks.

Aaaaaanyway, all that nastiness aside. I'm going to continue on with this project at my leisure now that I have the pins to accomodate the extra sensors. I'll report back again once I've got stuff working and conclude this upgrade for anyone reading from the start.

Regards, Dave.
Darn, that sucks. I'd like to think that they weren't aware either, but the world is full of cunts.

RossTech allow you to upgrade from one to the other by means of an upgrade fee which unlocks extra VINs on your existing cable.

Good luck with the extra sensors. I shall be following this thread!

davegsm82

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf and T3 Tdi
So which panel did you leave in your car. The aliexpress or the legit vw ?

Currently I have the legit VW one in, but I will be swapping back to the other one to test it probably in a few days when I'll also be testing out the footwell temperature sensors.

Not sure which one I'll stay with, my shitty copy of vagcom works with the legit one but not the AliExpress one so I'll probably stick with the legit for now, despite it having a crack on the left hand side LCD display.

Dave.