GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Malaysian Flight MH370

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't be surprised if you can. On the flight manifest, they listed that one of the passengers was a flight engineer. Whether he had his "laptop/smartphone" in his possession at the time does bring up a red flag.

I don't know 777's. But I do know MD-11's, and on the MD-11 you would have to be in the cockpit at the flight computer to do that. But it's easy to override the flight computer in-flight, and enter alternate courses, etc. from the cockpit.

Bender1

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if you can. On the flight manifest, they listed that one of the passengers was a flight engineer. Whether he had his "laptop/smartphone" in his possession at the time does bring up a red flag.

Think about it - easy way to kill a specific target and there never be evidence. Crash it into the ocean and the salt water eats all the electronics. It would look like commands from the flight deck on the data recorder.

#conspiracytheroy
#interestingbutno
#someonecrashedit

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I also wouldnt be concerned over the pilot having a simulator at home.

No more so than being concerned about auto enthusiasts having Forza.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
Think about it - easy way to kill a specific target and there never be evidence. Crash it into the ocean and the salt water eats all the electronics. It would look like commands from the flight deck on the data recorder.

#conspiracytheroy
#interestingbutno
#someonecrashedit
I don't think the black box gets destroyed for at least a few months or years after salt water starts dissolving it.

However, if the plane did indeed crash into the ocean and it was going 900 MPH - 1,000 MPH, it's possible everything disintegrated when it hit the ocean.

Bender1

Banned
I don't think the black box gets destroyed for at least a few months or years after salt water starts dissolving it.

However, if the plane did indeed crash into the ocean and it was going 900 MPH - 1,000 MPH, it's possible everything disintegrated when it hit the ocean.

I mean that if you hacked something you could make the data look like it was manually entered in the black box

WAP

Go Kart Champion

Commercial jets don't go anywhere near that fast, but yea, there's probably not much left if it did go down in the ocean.

Merkle

Banned
this is all very much theoretical

You can't control a plane from the ground though.

That plane is most likely lost somewhere on land, there have been crashes where the planes were never found, only when survivors found a village after surviving for six months did anyone know what happened. If it crashed on the ocean there would be an oil slick.

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
If it crashed in the Indian Ocean I have my doubts they will find the main wreckage. Some debris might wash up somewhere but that might be it. At least with Air France they knew generally where the plane was and it still took 2 years to find the main wreckage. Even if they find the black boxes the cockpit voice recorder only has 2 hours of tape. I find it asinine that you can defeat all the tracking systems on a $200M plane. I think this incident will spur a change in airplane data tracking and transfer. There's no reason to rely solely on on board systems to track what happened and why when that stuff can be backed up through satellites.

Bender1

Banned
If it crashed in the Indian Ocean I have my doubts they will find the main wreckage. Some debris might wash up somewhere but that might be it. At least with Air France they knew generally where the plane was and it still took 2 years to find the main wreckage. Even if they find the black boxes the cockpit voice recorder only has 2 hours of tape. I find it asinine that you can defeat all the tracking systems on a $200M plane. I think this incident will spur a change in airplane data tracking and transfer. There's no reason to rely solely on on board systems to track what happened and why when that stuff can be backed up through satellites.

Agreed. Search area in Indian Ocean would be MUCH larger than air france search area.

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
Rupert Murdoch's comments about the flight proves what an old senile Aussie prick he is