GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lots o' Mk7 Retrofit stuff

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
In need of some US greenbacks for upcoming trips to the US, so trying to clean out the garage (again).
All of these are off or for Mk7 / MQB cars. Part numbers in the photos.
Happy to ship wherever you want 'em; for most stuff, I'd estimate around $20US for shipping cost in North America

Taking an estimate on reasonable pricing; if you think anything is out of line, let me know.

Blind spot monitor modules (5Q0907686C / 5Q0907685C), mounting brackets (for Golf, NOT Sportwagen),
and mirror caps with home-cooked LED (just add wiring harness): $250

ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) radar module (also works on 8V Audi A3): $150
5Q0907541G

Lane assist camera that works with preceding radar module (and also in the 8V* Audi A3): $100
(5Q0980653G)

Rear view mirror with high-beam assist camera and rain/humidity sensor bracket: $140
(5G0857511D)

Mk7 steering wheel airbag: $300

MIB2 8" Glass display: $250
(5G6919605B)

MIB2 Discover Media Head Unit (Delphi) (US/Canada model): $400 ($800 gets you this, the display above, trim / surround, and USB connector in the cubby) - everything you need to upgrade to MIB2.

MQB Airbag (Golf, Atlas, Passat, etc.): $300
Steering wheel for that airbag also available.
(Don't have photo of part number, but it's one of these):

MQB Gateway High (needed if you're looking to add some retrofits to your base trim level car): $90
5Q0907530AC

Last edited:

CKIVSEPA

Passed Driver's Ed
Does your trip to the US bring you near Philadelphia?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
What benefit does it bring? Is that the one commonly referred to as MIB2.5?
Maps in both the AID and infotainment screen is one, and ability to run maps in the cluster with CarPlay/Android Auto nav running. A lot more fiddle-able generally with the MIB Toolbox, custom maps.. @Cuzoe showing off his Audi maps is what might put me over the edge.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Maps in both the AID and infotainment screen is one, and ability to run maps in the cluster with CarPlay/Android Auto nav running. A lot more fiddle-able generally with the MIB Toolbox, custom maps.. @Cuzoe showing off his Audi maps is what might put me over the edge.

I've never had a problem with doing that as long as the VW navigation is loaded and displayed before starting Android Auto. Not sure if that's expected behavior or not.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I've never had a problem with doing that as long as the VW navigation is loaded and displayed before starting Android Auto. Not sure if that's expected behavior or not.
We're talking about having Navigation work in both places, actively navigating, not just displaying. Usual behavior is that if you start navigation in Android Auto the dash will say something to the effect of external navigation active.

The first part of what @bobloblawGTI is talking about is that with Discover Pro you can show the factory navigation map in both the AID and the main display at the same time. Without Pro you have to select if you want factory maps in the AID or main display. Of course, if you have factory navigation maps in the AID you can show AA/CarPlay maps on the main screen.

Not the best picture... but here is active navigation in AA while the factory map still shows in the AID...
1676316981385.png

And then a fun picture...
1676317039577.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
We're talking about having Navigation work in both places, actively navigating, not just displaying. Usual behavior is that if you start navigation in Android Auto the dash will say something to the effect of external navigation active.

The first part of what @bobloblawGTI is talking about is that with Discover Pro you can show the factory navigation map in both the AID and the main display at the same time. Without Pro you have to select if you want factory maps in the AID or main display. Of course, if you have factory navigation maps in the AID you can show AA/CarPlay maps on the main screen.

Not the best picture... but here is active navigation in AA while the factory map still shows in the AID...
View attachment 273040

And then a fun picture...
View attachment 273041

Understand now, thanks.

Really makes me want the 9.2" screen 🤣

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
For youtube (via the Carstream app) you need AAAD, Android Auto Apps Downloader. (Does not require root which is awesome, if you care about that)
- You can also install a few other apps using AAAD including Chillout's MQB Performance Monitor (no longer in development but still awesome)
- I have not had an issue using AAAD in probably 2 years. I have not tried Youtube since Coolwalk rolled out, will try today and report back.

For running AA navigation while still having factory maps show in the dash you will need MIB Toolbox

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
For Discover Nav here... https://github.com/olli991/mib-std2-pq-zr-toolbox
  • I didn't know about this, seems to have more active dev than the Disco Pro version
  • This makes sense though, Disco Pro is way less common.
Man, you were about to make my whole damn day; had no idea there was a Discover Media version of the toolbox... until I saw:
This toolbox version is only compatible with MIB STD2 PQ/ZR Technisat/Preh units and is NOT COMPATIBLE with MIB2 STD Delphi
Heartbroken.