GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kia Stinger...

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Anyone have thoughts on this? Mr. Pobst seems to like it... lots of nice availables, especially those brembos and that twin turbo V6 in the GT model looks serious... visually I think it’s a nice looking car. It would probably get a head turn from me as it drive past...

Can’t wait for videos of the .:R and ST 2 GTIs blowing doors off it :D:D

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Someone in my apartment community had one for like a week, and now I don't see it anymore. We would leave the community at the same time in the morning, and it was very distinct to me b/c I knew it's so new.

I can only comment on visual styling right now: It looks really odd/awkward in person. The rear looks like a slightly deformed Dodge Charger, and the front Kia grill would look nicer if they made it like the Optima's, which spans the width between the headlights.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Of course this happened lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Hilarious.
Google ads. Gotta love it. Apparently not smart enough to understand context

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
I used to work for the Kia dealerships for a short time. None of their cars are worth buying unless you want the overpriced k900.

My thoughts on a v6 that has 2 turbos that produces only 300ish hp makes me laugh. Kia has for a long time struggled with their engines. They are still trying to correct their 2.4l that comes in the majority of their newer cars with a new recall that replaces the block if it is not already blown. I personally would never buy a Kia

I hear stories all the time of when they first come over to the states they sold their cars BOGO (buy one get one) just to give you an idea of the quality. They have come a long way since then and anything after 09 is at least decent if it does not have the 2.4l in it.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
lol I didn't think about that, a big V6 with twin turbos should be making over 600 HP easily. 911 turbos with a tune are making that all day. Randy Pobst gave the Kia a good review, though I kind of feel like they paid him to do it.

AJK360

Passed Driver's Ed
I used to work for the Kia dealerships for a short time. None of their cars are worth buying unless you want the overpriced k900.

My thoughts on a v6 that has 2 turbos that produces only 300ish hp makes me laugh. Kia has for a long time struggled with their engines. They are still trying to correct their 2.4l that comes in the majority of their newer cars with a new recall that replaces the block if it is not already blown. I personally would never buy a Kia

I hear stories all the time of when they first come over to the states they sold their cars BOGO (buy one get one) just to give you an idea of the quality. They have come a long way since then and anything after 09 is at least decent if it does not have the 2.4l in it.

Doesn't the optima share like 60% of its parts with Hyundai?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
You guys are talking about stage 2 GTI's and .:R's beating it, but looking at it will it even be any competition compared to the 5.0 GT's, etc that we typically play with? I think this is more stage 2 1.8t territory :p. It has the same problem as most american muscle cars where it weighs somewhere between a large building and a tanker ship, but without the 400-700hp v8 to try to compensate. Hopefully it has something else going for it. That combined with only being offered with an automatic, apparently having a nice interior with a good amount of space, etc... I don't know why they are trying to advertise this as a performance car, it's a luxury car.

Also, the opening paragraph of Car and Driver's review makes me feel really uneasy, there's no way they could have written that with a straight face. "you know it was built by car enthusiasts... ...[underwhelming engine specs]... ...eight speed automatic... ...adaptive cruise control, automated emergency braking, lane-keeping assist" Those aren't things that you design as a car enthusiast, they're things you design as a comfort enthusiast.

Last edited:

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
^^^
Hahahahaha

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion