GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just in: Paul Walker possibly dead

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
They hit a concrete light pole first, then the tree. At triple digits that impact must have been something else. I don't know, it just doesn't LOOK like triple digits to me, but you guys are probably right. I wonder how the fire spread around the front of the car so fast...

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
They hit a concrete light pole first, then the tree. At triple digits that impact must have been something else. I don't know, it just doesn't LOOK like triple digits to me, but you guys are probably right. I wonder how the fire spread around the front of the car so fast...

the gas tank is up front.
any spark from metal scraping the ground will get the tank to catch fire

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
the gas tank is not up front. Its behind the driver and passenger.
yea.. i consider that up front. the car splits in half from behind the gas tank.

any fire caused from the gas tank is inches behind the driver and passenger

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
Being I worked construction and installed concrete light poles, I can tell you it takes roughly a 60 mph impact to just crack one. If they went through it, and the tree that the car is wrapped around is in the passenger seat, then that car was definitely doing triple digit speeds.

Few on here have stated living by there and that turn they crashed in is a slow speed turn no more than about 25 mph. Not even an F-1 race car can make a turn that tight at those speeds. And now the witnesses are claiming a street race?! The last known picture of him alive shows him getting into the car with an R8 in front of them... Not looking good, but go ahead, all you who have mocked me, continue to idolize these two.

It is definitely sad that someone lost their lives, but come on now. Stop denying the truth in the matter, and start condemning anyone who street races. That car was clearly going well above (about 5 times faster) the speed limit. No car on earth could handle that turn, even with working mechanicals.

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Sad news, but i doubt they were racing the r8 while taking that turn.

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Being I worked construction and installed concrete light poles, I can tell you it takes roughly a 60 mph impact to just crack one. If they went through it, and the tree that the car is wrapped around is in the passenger seat, then that car was definitely doing triple digit speeds.

Few on here have stated living by there and that turn they crashed in is a slow speed turn no more than about 25 mph. Not even an F-1 race car can make a turn that tight at those speeds. And now the witnesses are claiming a street race?! The last known picture of him alive shows him getting into the car with an R8 in front of them... Not looking good, but go ahead, all you who have mocked me, continue to idolize these two.

It is definitely sad that someone lost their lives, but come on now. Stop denying the truth in the matter, and start condemning anyone who street races. That car was clearly going well above (about 5 times faster) the speed limit. No car on earth could handle that turn, even with working mechanicals.

You just don't get it do you? Regardless of how someone dies, people will grieve. I think it's safe to say everyone understands what he did was wrong and could have caused more injuries and I don't think anyone thinks its acceptable and no one is praising them for driving a car at that speed. People are still going to be sad because someone they knew personally or knew through a movie screen or however they knew them just passed away. You act as though because they died doing something illegal, stupid, reckless that people should care less. That's not how it works. I don't think anyone is going to come out and say oh they were so cool driving that fast, what badasses. No, we get it, they were being stupid, childish or whatever other name you want to call them but they died and if you don't care that they did then stay out of the thread.

People talk about soldiers dying and we should feel bad for them and not for these Hollywood people but I can sit here and tell you a bunch of reasons why I don't think they should even be at war. Does that mean I should just not give two shits about any soldier dying because they died doing something I think is stupid? No, I still feel bad for the family and everyone affected by their death.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
You just don't get it do you? Regardless of how someone dies, people will grieve. I think it's safe to say everyone understands what he did was wrong and could have caused more injuries and I don't think anyone thinks its acceptable and no one is praising them for driving a car at that speed. People are still going to be sad because someone they knew personally or knew through a movie screen or however they knew them just passed away. You act as though because they died doing something illegal, stupid, reckless that people should care less. That's not how it works. I don't think anyone is going to come out and say oh they were so cool driving that fast, what badasses. No, we get it, they were being stupid, childish or whatever other name you want to call them but they died and if you don't care that they did then stay out of the thread.

People talk about soldiers dying and we should feel bad for them and not for these Hollywood people but I can sit here and tell you a bunch of reasons why I don't think they should even be at war. Does that mean I should just not give two shits about any soldier dying because they died doing something I think is stupid? No, I still feel bad for the family and everyone affected by their death.

Could not have said any better.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
Anyone seeing "meet and cruise for paul walker" things going on around your areas.

A friend of mine showed me Tyrese's instagram account, my eyes started sweating a bit.

mycrors7

Go Kart Champion
Anyone seeing "meet and cruise for paul walker" things going on around your areas.

A friend of mine showed me Tyrese's instagram account, my eyes started sweating a bit.

Yep. Dec 8th. Neptune's Nest in honor of the famous scene with vin diesel and Paul Walker before race wars.
There are also tons if Memorial meets at the crash site itself.

Sent via my hairs.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion

:thumbup:

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion

There's a cruise in my area to honor him on this Saturday. Everyone is putting green glow sticks all over their cars.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion

Well said good sir. Well said. I love the people who say "wow, they're such dumb idiots, driving fast on public roads, yadda yadda yadda." let's put any one of you in a Carrera GT and see if you'd drive it like you drive a minivan. it's easy to be the critic when you aren't in the position of the criticized... not saying I condone idiotic driving, but at some point we all do it, and if any one of the people on this forum were put into something with that much power, you would drive like a jackass at some point, I promise you. if you want to convince yourself that you are some sort of angel who would never ever drive like an idiot ever ever ever in any car ever go ahead, that's the typical response from someone who didn't have the opportunity to exploit such phenominal engineering. no disrespect to anyone in this thread, this is a really good & constructive discussion. just don't be so critical without imagining yourself in the shoes of the criticized. two great guys are dead, and regardless of the reason, Paul played a really large part in the childhoods of a lot of people and I'm sure Roger did too. just because you don't like the reason they died (who does?) doesn't mean that their deaths are not worth grieving over.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
Just ordered a sticker that says #RipPaulWalker. $1 of the cost goes to ROWW, his personal charity, and I donated an additional $5. I suggest any Paul Walker fans in this thread find some sort of Paul Walker remembrance sticker and do the same.