GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JDM Honda Fit has 60K Orders in the First Month! WTF!?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Official Japan Press Release:
http://www.honda.co.jp/news/2013/4131007.html

TOV Discussion:
http://vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=1164956&page_number=1#1164956

Monthly Sales Plan = 15K/Month Projected.
By order of sales:
- Hybrid L (~EX) : 30.1%
- Hybrid F (~LX) : 25.2%
- Gas 1.3/1.5 F (~LX) : 13.5%
- Hybrid S (~Sport) : 13.3%
- Gas. 1.3/1.5 L (~EX) : 10.2%
- Gas. 1.5 RS (Sport) : 2%

Wow......Holy Crap. Definitely won't translate for us in NA, but it goes to show that Honda hit a home-run with this vehicle in its native land.

Merkle

Banned
Confession time...

The Corolla is what I drive on the weekend when Jess and I are going around town, so mileage wise I drive it about as much as the GTI. Anyway, pulled up next to a blue fit in the parking lot, had a massive moment of "Wish I had found one of those instead" :(

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Confession time...

The Corolla is what I drive on the weekend when Jess and I are going around town, so mileage wise I drive it about as much as the GTI. Anyway, pulled up next to a blue fit in the parking lot, had a massive moment of "Wish I had found one of those instead" :(

Yep, Fit >>> Corolla, no doubt about that.

Apparently the homeland buyers aren't into the RS :thumbdown:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
if the Civic looked too small for me i cant even imagine a Fit with a family.

adolan21

Ready to race!
if the Civic looked too small for me i cant even imagine a Fit with a family.

That's the best part about the Fit, it looks small but it is massive inside. I had no problem sitting in the back seat and I'm 6'1". The best part is that even with all that room, the back seats recline another inch or two. It had a lot of cool storage solutions and the back seats bottoms go up and lock in place. It was great for tall items.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
That's the best part about the Fit, it looks small but it is massive inside. I had no problem sitting in the back seat and I'm 6'1". The best part is that even with all that room, the back seats recline another inch or two. It had a lot of cool storage solutions and the back seats bottoms go up and lock in place. It was great for tall items.

is it more massive than the civic inside?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yep, Fit >>> Corolla, no doubt about that.

Apparently the homeland buyers aren't into the RS :thumbdown:

Well that's the typical "common sense" trigger. Gas is HELLA expensive over there. No wonder they grabbed the hybrid models.

The hybrid though has some pep. This new system is eerily tough and powerful. Honda has taken a step forward in the hybrid performance market

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI

Eh. It's a tough call. The headroom is stellar in the rear seat. I'd say its pretty on par.

adolan21

Ready to race!

In some dimensions it is but rear leg room is bigger in the civic by less than 2 inches. What worked best for me was good headroom. The Fit has about 3 inches more headroom. Pretty impressive the dimensions are only 2 to 3 inches smaller than the Civic but the Civic is 18" longer than the Fit. The Fit just feels bigger inside to me. I can't comment on the family part since I don't have kids.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Fits are pretty impressive when it comes to space given how small they are. Four grown men can ride in one fairly comfortably.

Merkle

Banned
They're narrower but taller if that makes sense. The civic is a more relaxed driving position with loads more room for the driver and much more head room for rear passengers. I think the floor is lower on the fit as well, but IDK without measuring them.

Z, what are the numbers for the Hybrid?

adolan21

Ready to race!
They're narrower but taller if that makes sense. The civic is a more relaxed driving position with loads more room for the driver and much more head room for rear passengers.

Z, what are the numbers for the Hybrid?

Actually the Fit has more headroom for front and rear passengers by almost 2 inches. The Civic does have much more shoulder room for front and rear passengers though.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Those have always been top sellers there.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Combined
140PS
~300Nm

7DCT in either FWD or AWD.
2500lbs (Heaviest Trim)