GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Bruh, I ordered this without double checking. Your link is for a hatch light from a Tiguan.
Haha, I forgot about this... I ordered also, followed the Google link when searching for the actual rechargeable light, but it's linked to a different light on FCP euro. I also didn't double check when ordering from FCP Euro as the google link picture is just a box. And of course, the description is also... VW Light, haha. At least we have that lifetime warranty :ROFLMAO:.
Search.JPG

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Haha, I forgot about this... I ordered also, followed the Google link when searching for the actual rechargeable light, but it's linked to a different light on FCP euro. I also didn't double check when ordering from FCP Euro as the google link picture is just a box. And of course, the description is also... VW Light, haha. At least we have that lifetime warranty :ROFLMAO:.
View attachment 236876
And you didn't think to update your post???? :ROFLMAO:

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
Took me nearly 5 years but I finally blacked out every piece of chrome and silver on the Alltrack, besides the front grill strip/headlights.

View attachment 245580

Looks amazing! I've been thinking about doing the same with mine. How did you black everything out? Mainly vinyl?

jaypoto

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S DSG
Looks amazing! I've been thinking about doing the same with mine. How did you black everything out? Mainly vinyl?

Thanks bud...Vinyl for the lower rockers, chrome window sills, and front bumper trim. Golf R wagon valance custom fitted and Sportwagen black roof rails swapped.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
x2 looks great

i too recently finished de-choming my whole R except for the chrome in the headlights. but theres much less chrome to deal with than an alltrack

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
x2 looks great

i too recently finished de-choming my whole R except for the chrome in the headlights. but theres much less chrome to deal with than an alltrack

Was there anything tricky/notable about blacking out (I assume also vinyl) the chrome strip on the grille? I'm not super bothered by the silver trim on the bumpers/skirts on my Alltrack, but the shiny chrome on the grille and window sills really stand out to me.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i simply replaced the grille with an all black one from ebay or something.

the trickier part was vinyl wrapping the lower bumper lip piece, that kinda sucked and didnt turn out perfect but it is effective. i got it from badgeskins i believe.

i had also wrapped the vw roof rack; since then i pulled it off though, i'm just not sure i like the roof rack look.

before:
1649784952798.png

I did kind of dig the 'all the chrome look' with the wheels, roof rack and oem chrome tbh
1649785030309.png

and now:
1649784838070.png