GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hub of Spacer broke off? What the....

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So I decided to do a quick wheel rotation and when I got to my rear wheels I found the pictures below. The hub portion of the spacer literally broke off. Has anyone ever seen this before? Their hub centric and my wheels are hubcentric as well so I don’t get it. These are BFI spacers fwiw

Now I have to bolt the wheels back on with no hub to rest on, Until I can get replacement spacers

CB5B5A37-D374-4ABF-9E03-3839F6F9F598.jpeg

0E3C37EE-F115-4CC5-B6DB-B86FC257EA01.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Mk7tsi3door

Go Kart Newbie
The rears break off if they are less then 15mm I think. It hits on the ... axle cap? Lol not sure but I broke some like that too

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
The rears break off if they are less then 15mm I think. It hits on the ... axle cap? Lol not sure but I broke some like that too
Reeeeeeally? I’m glad you said this... was about to replace with another set....of 10mm

Only the rears?

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So I decided to do a quick wheel rotation and when I got to my rear wheels I found the pictures below. The hub portion of the spacer literally broke off. Has anyone ever seen this before? Their hub centric and my wheels are hubcentric as well so I don’t get it. These are BFI spacers fwiw

Now I have to bolt the wheels back on with no hub to rest on, Until I can get replacement spacers

View attachment 183581
View attachment 183582

I had it happen and I don't remember the brand of spacer. If you have a Discount Tire in your area I would buy tires from them because they use a round wire brush and clean off all that rust and corrosion every time you rotate and balance.