GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How many 2019 GTI "Rabbit Editions" were actually built ?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The fact that they left the shitty composition media infotainment in the Rabbit blows my mind. I know that can be fixed for a cost, but c'mon. Your limited edition model, and you can't even be assed to put in a MIB unit?
Yeah it’s horrible looking... it’s the one piece of my interior that stands out and looks dated now, and it’s just pretty costly to do the swap and take many pieces, VS the 7s getting to easily swap Just the display.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah it’s horrible looking... it’s the one piece of my interior that stands out and looks dated now, and it’s just pretty costly to do the swap and take many pieces, VS the 7s getting to easily swap Just the display.

Time for an RCD520.

I have no experience with it, and don't even know if it's a viable swap, but looks like it would work. I just happened to find it while browsing AliExpress, and I know the RCD330 was a very popular swap with the MK6 crowd.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Time for an RCD520.

I have no experience with it, and don't even know if it's a viable swap, but looks like it would work. I just happened to find it while browsing AliExpress, and I know the RCD330 was a very popular swap with the MK6 crowd.

Not a bad idea, as long as you still have access to the car menus.

It mentions car play, but not android auto.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit

you know I was concerned about it prior to getting a rabbit. After having it, not really an issue to me. I think it looks good

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
you know I was concerned about it prior to getting a rabbit. After having it, not really an issue to me. I think it looks good
I didn’t think it bothered me till I spent the funds on the wheel,shifter,trim,and seats that it really set in that I don’t like it at all, lol. (phone is the Airride controller so I'm stuck with it there or somewhere else where it would be visible and easily accessible, perfect world it would not be there.)
454943D6-A9DB-43EB-8F2B-3A0457CF0EE1.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Time for an RCD520.

thanks for the link! I remember the RCD330 for the mk6s i didn't know there was the the rcd520 option, i like it alot! looks like the 9.2" since its button-less and 25% the cost, lol.

Didn't want to wait for the potential 3 month shipping time so i sprung for the overpriced DHL, lol...so Ill have a review of the product in a few weeks now, haha!

lee_mk7

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
thanks for the link! I remember the RCD330 for the mk6s i didn't know there was the the rcd520 option, i like it alot! looks like the 9.2" since its button-less and 25% the cost, lol.

Didn't want to wait for the potential 3 month shipping time so i sprung for the overpriced DHL, lol...so Ill have a review of the product in a few weeks now, haha!

Definitely interested in a follow up. I'll make my decision after your review. lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Curious to see the review. I'd love the 9.2" screen, but an MIB2.5/3 swap would just be too much. Since I use Android Auto 24/7 when inside my car, if the RCD520 had it I'd consider it, but not having it is an instant deal breaker for me.

I am a sucker for technology though, the plan is a digital dash along with the capacitive climatronic control unit. As much as I'd love to get rid of all knobs completely, I'm limited to the 8" glass screen.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i was soo close to getting a UG rabbit but wifey pulled me back at the last second to think it over. when she did agree i could get it, it was gone and i never found another one for sale.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
i was soo close to getting a UG rabbit but wifey pulled me back at the last second to think it over. when she did agree i could get it, it was gone and i never found another one for sale.

I was set on CFB, but visions of my Green A2 GTI kept flashing in my head. It was very visible and the police loved to stop and talk to me, even if I was less than 5 over. I then was set on UG, but the more I looked at it, the less I liked it. Then a crappy dealer in the area sent me an offer of 23k on a Black one, but when I got to the dealer, they said it was a "mistake". I'd owned an white 84 GTI with no sunroof back in the day, and I loved the way the white, black, and red contrast. I've seen plenty of white mk7/7.5 GTI's and they just looked too plain to me so I didn't consider the white rabbit at first, but I saw one in person and it just worked.

Last edited:

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I was set on CFB, but visions of my Green A2 GTI kept flashing in my head. If was very visible and the police loved to stop and talk to me, even if I was less than 5 over. I then was set on UG, but the more I looked at it, the less I liked it. Then a crappy dealer in the area sent me an offer of 23k on a Black one, but when I got to the dealer, they said it was a "mistake". I'd owned an white 84 GTI with no sunroof back in the day, and I loved the way the white, black, and red contrast. I've seen plenty of white mk7/7.5 GTI's and they just looked too plain to me so I didn't consider the white rabbit at first, but I saw one in person and it just worked.

i too went back and forth on color, then it came down to UG or white, any other car I wouldn’t consider grey at all. The mk8 looks so drab and boring in UG

then I realized these are hard to find and just get the color of one that pops up close. Luckily a white one popped up an hour from me and once I saw in person, no way I wasn’t getting it

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I didn’t think it bothered me till I spent the funds on the wheel,shifter,trim,and seats that it really set in that I don’t like it at all, lol. (phone is the Airride controller so I'm stuck with it there or somewhere else where it would be visible and easily accessible, perfect world it would not be there.)
View attachment 193655

that pedal gap is looking mighty enticing. WCT spacer?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
that pedal gap is looking mighty enticing. WCT spacer?
Nah, Uline clipboard material😂 I just cut a rip off it and cut it to the shape of the backside of the pedal and doubled it up, (about 1/4” thick)

grassroots style for zero dollars, lol.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I was set on CFB, but visions of my Green A2 GTI kept flashing in my head. It was very visible and the police loved to stop and talk to me, even if I was less than 5 over. I then was set on UG, but the more I looked at it, the less I liked it. Then a crappy dealer in the area sent me an offer of 23k on a Black one, but when I got to the dealer, they said it was a "mistake". I'd owned an white 84 GTI with no sunroof back in the day, and I loved the way the white, black, and red contrast. I've seen plenty of white mk7/7.5 GTI's and they just looked too plain to me so I didn't consider the white rabbit at first, but I saw one in person and it just worked.
yeah the white one looks great with the oem black accents for sure.

UG was my fav but only because it was the closest to audi's nardo gray.

loved CFB but wasnt chasing one for the same reason as you - also, with the red accents it seems like a superman theme or something lol