GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HELP!...Hatch won't open...backup camera not working either

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Got in car this morning and my trunk was making the "vvitt-vvitt" sound (the sound that the rear VW emblem makes when it's opening/closing...or when you put it in reverse)

Dash indicated trunk was open. So I get out of car and open hatch a bit and push it shut

10 min later I go to back out of a parking space and.....no "vvitt-vvitt" sound....and no camera either. All I see on the screen is the green grid lines and the horizontal red line and the typical"Look, safe to move?" warning. But no camera

Also.....I CANNOT open hatch now. Manually...key fob...car running....car shut off......NOTHING. Hatch won't open

Please help me hahaha

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
I did wash my car with a pressure washer yesterday......but I've done that many many times before

Awesome!!

Love VW reliability

1,000 mi on the click and already needs to go in for service

Better be covered under warranty

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Update:

After car baked in sun all day....I tried opening the hatch and bingo....it worked

Backup camera works too

I guess try not to get water in your hatch opening assembly...... especially using high pressure water

Lesson learned buy still bullshit... shouldn't happen and from reading that link from a few posts ago, this has happened to many people

Morphine

Ready to race!
Update:

After car baked in sun all day....I tried opening the hatch and bingo....it worked

Backup camera works too

I guess try not to get water in your hatch opening assembly...... especially using high pressure water

Lesson learned buy still bullshit... shouldn't happen and from reading that link from a few posts ago, this has happened to many people

Same thing happened to me after washing the car. It only happened once and never came back.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I would not spray water directly into the emblem, especially with a pressure washer. The rear camera setup is cute, and the lens probably stays cleaner than fixed cameras, but I'm not fond of it.

Our cameras and parking brakes make a lot of noise. Don't they make quieter servos?