GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI IS38 APR vs. CTR

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
I had another go with a Civic Type R. This time on the turnpike during off hours so we were able to play a few times.

I was passing an on ramp and I saw a grey car coming onto the highway at a higher speed than anything else, plus the wing of course (can't miss that).

I was passing bye as he was just coming on and I downshifted and he was on it right away. We had quite a bit of an opening and we took off from about 75mph. I pulled away rather quickly and shut down on the top of fifth gear.

We worked our way through traffic and it opened up again. I was ahead and waited for him to catch up. He did the "fly bye" so I kit it when he was along side of me. Once I spooled up, I quickly ran him down and went right past him. Again, I was in fourth.

Next time was the exact same as the previous one.

The last time, I had anticipated him coming and was down into third gear and spooled up before he got next to me. When he was right along side of me, everything was unleashed from my car and it was just a joke. I pulled away so quickly it was a bit scary ;)

We slowed as I had to get off at the next exit and he gave me a big thumbs up. I did the same.

Navi

Autocross Champion
can't wait to see how this thread turns out

Navi

Autocross Champion
It turns out CTRs are slow in a straight line.

for sure. Stock they are quick, but nothing special straight. You'll start to see some interesting stuff when you start throwing mods at either car though... Tell that Type R to get a tune.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Not surprising. I beat one in a full weight sportwagen with just is20, jb4 and 93 octane settings.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
They're fkn overpriced junk.

I've seen 5k builds gap hellcats from a roll so Honda is definitely not moving the ball forward..

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I was following one down the freeway and he decided to take off so I chased him for a little bit, was starting to close in on him and then he suddenly took the exit off-ramp...presumably to save face from getting passed :D

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i wouldn't call them overpriced junk; they are pretty nice actually. To be honest have no idea what you can do with a tune or bolt-ons with one, or what the relative limit of power and torque the internals can handle.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
i wouldn't call them overpriced junk; they are pretty nice actually. To be honest have no idea what you can do with a tune or bolt-ons with one, or what the relative limit of power and torque the internals can handle.

Give me 5k and a hatch shell and I'll beat the fastest stock block golf in the world from a roll. It's just the way it is.

Putting recaros and some red stitching does not make the interior "nice" imho (have u ever sat in one?)

The issue is that dealers are still marking them up an insane amount. They're not junk as a CAR but I would never ever pay 40k for a slow Honda that doesn't even have the potential a K or D series has for a fraction of the price.

Granted, I'm coming at this through a straight line speed perspective, in regards to handling they're about as good if not better than a PP mk7, so pretty phenomenal for fwd.

Jasoneon

Passed Driver's Ed
Give me 5k and a hatch shell and I'll beat the fastest stock block golf in the world from a roll. It's just the way it is.

Putting recaros and some red stitching does not make the interior "nice" imho (have u ever sat in one?)

The issue is that dealers are still marking them up an insane amount. They're not junk as a CAR but I would never ever pay 40k for a slow Honda that doesn't even have the potential a K or D series has for a fraction of the price.

Granted, I'm coming at this through a straight line speed perspective, in regards to handling they're about as good if not better than a PP mk7, so pretty phenomenal for fwd.

I’d say they would put a hurtin on a pp mk7 on a track (especially if the mk7 was on stock tires). Now if you match the tires and throw some stiffer shocks and struts and some slightly lower stiffer springs on the mk7 then it would give it a decent run. Personally I’ll deal with the ctr being a better track car and keep the comfort in my mk7.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Idk where u guys live..

But here they are listed at around 40-50k$
If paying 40k for a Honda that makes 380whp with FBO, good gas and custom tuning is capable, I'm assuming there's something else goin on here lol

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Idk where u guys live..

But here they are listed at around 40-50k$
If paying 40k for a Honda that makes 380whp with FBO, good gas and custom tuning is capable, I'm assuming there's something else goin on here lol

Yeah my good friend has one and he paid 50k when it was said and done, something about a 5k market add fee of sorts.

Car is over the top looking and not my thing but it’s a very very nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk