GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gearbox's dead?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
My car is a 2014 1.2 TSI, has about 110k Miles on it and this week I started having some problems with my transmission.

Happened first when I was parking the car, the second I put the E-Brake all kinds of errors popped and car ran a bit jerky so I had to shut It off, couldn't start It after that, P light on gear selector was blinking and when scanned the car, Module 02(Transmission) was not responding, like It was disconnected.
I figured I might try and disconnect the battery for a few minutes so all modules will reset and it worked, for now...

Thought It was maybe a voltage drop and my battery had about 3 years on it so I went ahead and swapped it for a new one.

Today as I was on the highway suddenly the gear indicator disappeared and the car was on redline for maybe two seconds. then the gear indicator came back and rpms dropped to normal, after that car drove fine till I got home.

When I got home and the car was running I connected OBDEleven to see if there are any fault codes and noticed the battery was on 13.0-12.9 volts while car was running. and after when I turned off the car, It happend again like in the parking lot, car wont start and disconnecting the battery does nothing.

Is that a sign of a bad battery? or alternator? or maybe Is it the mechatronics? entire gearbox bad?

Thanks!

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
There is a known problem with the DSG gearbox parking selector...however sounds like you could have a problem with the alternator..should be getting 14V...Charge the battery up to full with a good charger..then see if it happens again..