GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro Headlight Switch Question

halluxvalgas

Passed Driver's Ed
My car is a 2017 Sport with no fog lights.

I have euro facelift tails installed and am wired for the left, rear fog light.

I have no Auto light function currently.

If I just want the rear fog option with no Auto light function, which switch do I need? I’m getting conflicting info. I thought I found the right switch but it said it was for models 2013-2016. Wasn’t sure if using that would be an issue.

Any help is as always appreciated!

Also I realize I could use any of the newer ones with the front fogs and Auto feature but I don’t want a bunch of options on the knob for shit I don’t have lol. I’m not looking to add fogs or run the wire on my dash for the auto lights either. Thanks again!

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Not sure if there's a Euroswitch with rear fog only. If not, then the next closest is the non-auto headlight euroswitch with front and rear fog.

2013-2016 is Mk7 for ROW region, so will work with your NAR region Mk7 (2017).

J.Etter

Passed Driver's Ed
What about an NA non-auto front fog switch? You couldn't turn the rear fog on without also having your headlights on, but I wouldn't think you'd want to do that anyway. Would only require some minor changes with VCDS/OBDEleven

halluxvalgas

Passed Driver's Ed
What about an NA non-auto front fog switch? You couldn't turn the rear fog on without also having your headlights on, but I wouldn't think you'd want to do that anyway. Would only require some minor changes with VCDS/OBDEleven
I’m sure what ur saying would work. I just don’t understand it. I think ur saying I could turn the switch to the “Front” fog selection but the REAR fog light would come on ALONG WITH my full headlights if coded properly in obdeleven? My goal is to use the rear as needed and that scenario makes sense to me. Is what I said possible or what you were saying?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I have a Sport. The Sport is missing the trigger wire from the harness to the BCM. If you want to run the rear fog...you'll have to run a wire from the back of the plug for the light switch to the BCM. It took a few days to figure that out. DV52 at the OBDeleven forums showed me a diagram of the harness. I looked at the diagram...then my plug. The plug is missing the wire for the rear fog.

I even bought that same switch.

halluxvalgas

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a Sport. The Sport is missing the trigger wire from the harness to the BCM. If you want to run the rear fog...you'll have to run a wire from the back of the plug for the light switch to the BCM. It took a few days to figure that out. DV52 at the OBDeleven forums showed me a diagram of the harness. I looked at the diagram...then my plug. The plug is missing the wire for the rear fog.

I even bought that same switch.
Did you end up wiring it? Do you have a link to that post?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
No...I did not end up doing it. A friend of mine did end up doing it for his Golf wagon. He wanted front fogs and had to run a wire to the BCM. He said it was a pain to do it.

halluxvalgas

Passed Driver's Ed
No...I did not end up doing it. A friend of mine did end up doing it for his Golf wagon. He wanted front fogs and had to run a wire to the BCM. He said it was a pain to do it.
I figured as much. It was a pain to run the wiring for the Euro tails. Not hard just annoying. I’m glad I did it but I wouldn’t really want to do it again just for that light. I could always have VW do it at some point. Thanks again for the info!

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The running of the wires for the taillights was a tedious job. It was the second mod on my GTI. I ended up breaking the tab under the rubber boot. I was pretty disappointed that I wasn't able to use the rear fog. I was able to activate it on my older VWs. That was nothing more than running a wire on the harness itself and installing a Euro switch...like a 20 to 30 min job.

halluxvalgas

Passed Driver's Ed
The running of the wires for the taillights was a tedious job. It was the second mod on my GTI. I ended up breaking the tab under the rubber boot. I was pretty disappointed that I wasn't able to use the rear fog. I was able to activate it on my older VWs. That was nothing more than running a wire on the harness itself and installing a Euro switch...like a 20 to 30 min job.
I was so worried about breaking those damn tabs in the boots that I painstakingly ran wire down through the top out the other end multiple times. It worked but it added a few hours at least I bet. Definitely turns me off from even looking at the under side of those trim panels lol.