GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'm a non-FB user, and feel like I'm missing out on a ton of information :(

Which, I mean, I really can't know since I'm not in their Facebook group. But there's definitely been more than one time I've had to ask here "Hey, can you guys paste that information from Facebook here?".
There’s a bunch of nonsense in that group... dozens of “I’m getting too much knock” with a photo of min/max values on an AP with no log, “can I flash over X tune”, etc, etc. Basic questions that are mostly answered in the EQT FAQ.

I sort by new posts about once a week and look for responses from Ed or Patrick addressing specific questions to keep up.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I don't bother with FB or any other social media because it's a bunch of attention whores and drama bitches on there.

1605544480671.png

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
When I had my remote dyno tune done by EQT the dyno operator was sending the logs to EQT through Facebook. That's how locked into Facebook EQT is. Lots of companies are like that.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I don't bother with FB or any other social media because it's a bunch of attention whores and drama bitches on there.

If I would have known the bulk of their info was bound to a Facebook group, I probably would have went elsewhere. Maybe petty, but seems less than professional to me. I also avoid other companies that rely heavily on Facebook as well.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If I would have known the bulk of their info was bound to a Facebook group, I probably would have went elsewhere. Maybe petty, but seems less than professional to me. I also avoid other companies that rely heavily on Facebook as well.

You can still communicate with EQT directly via email and phone. That's what I did to arrange my remote dyno tune because I don't do Facebook either.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
When I had my remote dyno tune done by EQT the dyno operator was sending the logs to EQT through Facebook. That's how locked into Facebook EQT is. Lots of companies are like that.

Why would the operator use FB and not email? When I did my remote dyno tune with Ed, all my logs and revisions were sent via email.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Why would the operator use FB and not email? When I did my remote dyno tune with Ed, all my logs and revisions were sent via email.

The logs were sent by email but the back and forth communications were through Facebook. At least that's what the dyno guy told me.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ok, why not just talk to Ed over the phone? That's what we did and it's a lot faster then sending a message and waiting for a reply.

I don't know. Maybe he didn't want to stay on the phone while the dyno operator did a run and then email the log and then Ed revise it and email it back. It took 3 hours so that would have been a long time to stay on the phone. 8 revisions. Plus the time it takes to flash each revision.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I did my entire remote tune over messenger and a PC. I asked him for his preference and that's what he wanted. I can't really think of a better way to do it. Can easily call if you needed something that would take too long to type out, and messenger you can send files back and forth instantly. Since it was all on a laptop I feel like typing back and forth was really fast too..... zero gripes from me. I've actually done 2 dyno tunes that way now.

As long as both sides do a good job monitor the window, not an issue at all.

davcohen

Ready to race!
Is there a rev limiter on this tune? If so whats it set to and what would it be in neutral for us manual drivers?

Finally installed my Borla Catback and you guys were deff right, despite previously having a Catless/ straight pipe into the factory rear muffler it was doing a great job at silencing the pops. Are the pops set to active only between around 2.5k - 4k?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Ok, why not just talk to Ed over the phone? That's what we did and it's a lot faster then sending a message and waiting for a reply.

i prefer typing to talking.

in fact - I cannot stand talking on the phone. It’s the most taxing thing in the world lol, drains my mental resources.

but I was born in 1993