GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Thanks, Ed. I purchased one yesterday and it will be here Monday. A day or two for the install... Thanks for the references on the DSG tune. I’m guessing the answer is yes that yours is different, so I will take a look and consider adding it to the basket as it were.

It's definitely different.

-- Ed

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
A little Golf R love today. We had a 2016 R in today for a custom tune. This one is a basic stage 2 setup with a water/meth injection kit. The car made great power overall and a really nice torque curve. It could use a second nozzle for a bit more power, but it still picked up a solid 25whp over straight 91 Octane.
That's amazing! Still waiting on delivery of your kit but after seeing your Etune I really can't wait!

Are these awhp/awtq? How much drivetrain loss have you been finding on the mk7 r?

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
That's amazing! Still waiting on delivery of your kit but after seeing your Etune I really can't wait!

Are these awhp/awtq? How much drivetrain loss have you been finding on the mk7 r?

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

This is in FWD mode. Our dyno isn’t linked, so I run all haldex cars in 2wd.

— Ed

robbiewiggs

Ready to race!
Just want to post up.. got my Stage 2 OTS today and all I can say is WOW! Extremely smooth power delivery, all the vitals are in the safe zone and extremely drivable in all gears. Ed definitely knows his stuff. I’m very happy that I went with EQT and look forward to giving him more of my money in the future. Awesome customer service too!

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Ed,

Reading the tune descriptions, is my understanding correct that you have your own custom traction control setting (slot 9, I'm guessing)?

With the OTS maps, if someone has Cobb Traction Control enabled, what would be the default traction slot? And would someone be able to request a different default slot for an OTS map?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Just want to post up.. got my Stage 2 OTS today and all I can say is WOW! Extremely smooth power delivery, all the vitals are in the safe zone and extremely drivable in all gears. Ed definitely knows his stuff. I’m very happy that I went with EQT and look forward to giving him more of my money in the future. Awesome customer service too!

Happy to hear you're enjoying it!

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ed,

Reading the tune descriptions, is my understanding correct that you have your own custom traction control setting (slot 9, I'm guessing)?

With the OTS maps, if someone has Cobb Traction Control enabled, what would be the default traction slot? And would someone be able to request a different default slot for an OTS map?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I set my maps at slot 3 by default. Slot 9 turns TC off completely. Sorry but no custom default slots for OTS maps. I already have a ton of variants for each map ;)

Thanks
-- Ed

etrips

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golfffff Rrrrrr
Just placed my order with you Ed. Looking forward to an awesome tune!

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
Here's a stupid question, when ordering the Base ECU tune, if you check the boxes for downpipe, intake, and exhaust does that automatically equal a Stage 2 file? Really questioning for the CEL elimination

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Here's a stupid question, when ordering the Base ECU tune, if you check the boxes for downpipe, intake, and exhaust does that automatically equal a Stage 2 file? Really questioning for the CEL elimination

Is this base ecu tune for big turbo? (i.e. vortex)? If I am understanding right that is just letting your tuner know that you have these mods (and if you have a BT, you should definitely have a DP already anyways) so that they can take those mods into account when making the base tune for you. If you check DP for example I'd imagine the tuner would disable the CEL for the cat deficiency code.

OBP

Go Kart Newbie

I asked Ed this question... yes, he does eliminate the CEL for his Stage 2 maps.

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
I asked Ed this question... yes, he does eliminate the CEL for his Stage 2 maps.

I know that, but there isn't an option for a "Stage 2" so I was assuming that by checking those three boxes would basically mean you get a Stage 2 file and therefore the CEL would be eliminated for a downpipe.

I'm IS20 but with intake/exhaust/dp I want a Stage 2 tune and no CEL

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I know that, but there isn't an option for a "Stage 2" so I was assuming that by checking those three boxes would basically mean you get a Stage 2 file and therefore the CEL would be eliminated for a downpipe.

I'm IS20 but with intake/exhaust/dp I want a Stage 2 tune and no CEL

Yeah, that's a question for Ed.
Most stage2 tunes require an intercooler.

If you run a stage2 ots tune in most cases, your factory intercooler won't cool the air enough and you'll 1.) risk damage to the engine longterm from the hot intake air and 2.) be down on a good bit of power.

he may already have an OTS tune that will work for your combo that may reduce power output and boost, but I dunno myself.

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
My car is throwing a code for the cat (p0420) but there is no CEL on the dash. It shows up on my p3 gauge and the Cobb when I check for codes.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
My car is throwing a code for the cat (p0420) but there is no CEL on the dash. It shows up on my p3 gauge and the Cobb when I check for codes.

Pretty normal and common.
Most tunes only eliminate the Check engine light for the high flow/ catless downpipes.

Very few downpipes will prevent that code from being logged. Doesn't have any affect on your tune. Mine does the same.