GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I think if you contact them and explain that they will take care of it you for no charge based on all the customer service stories I've read.

I'll email and see what they say. Pretty crazy it can't be turned on or off by default.

Inprogress

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Can the error lights from DCC be disabled by the AP? I had a set of Ohlins on my GTR and the AP disabled that error light so my dash looked normal, even though the AP would show the constant suspension error code from not having the electronic dampening working. Is that an option for the EQT ECU Staged tune?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Can the error lights from DCC be disabled by the AP? I had a set of Ohlins on my GTR and the AP disabled that error light so my dash looked normal, even though the AP would show the constant suspension error code from not having the electronic dampening working. Is that an option for the EQT ECU Staged tune?

I think that's just a function of the AP code reader.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
It probably depends on what module controls that CEL or error light.... if it goes thru the ECU then it would likely have the capability to suppress it. But if it comes directly from the suspension module or whatever, then I don't think the AP has the option to suppress those. Good question for the tuner.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Huh, what? No, I work for a very large healthcare company as a software solution consultant and I have no plans to leave. And my APR stage 1 tune and stock turbo would likely get laughed at by the EQT folks.

There's another forum member with the username Cliff p. that people are confusing with you.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I think I'd just go with another tuner if having them remove a faulty TC scheme from a tune I just purchased costs another $75 on a staged OTS tune, which they have purposely made it not possible to turn on and off by default. If I'd known that, I would have gone with another tuner.

The TC scheme is not faulty and works very well. We set it to slot 3 by default because we found that generally provides the best actual acceleration and 0-60mph times. The fact that selections revert to the default setting after key off is a limitation of the platform... it is not something we have any control over.

From what you're describing, it doesn't sound like your factory TCS is fully deactivated. For GTI's you have to use OBD11 or VCDS to code it so that it can be fully disabled... otherwise you cannot turn the factory system off. The Cobb TC actuates smoothly without any sudden cuts.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
The limitations are just how it works with the Cobb implementation. They didn't purposely make it unable to be on or off by default.

I think they could provide more info about it though on the product page. I wish there was an option to have Cobb TC but off by default. The OTS maps are this way, but they completely disable it it seems if you dont select the options.

I'm in the same boat, I want to try it out but I don't know how I will like it or or what setting I will like etc. No easy way around it I don't think sadly. Simple feature change should be like 25 bucks IMO.

I understand that $75 may seem excessive, but you have to understand that every option change takes the same amount of time to process as a new order. We would get absolutely buried if option changes were free or cheaper and that would hurt our response time for new orders and all other customer service issues.

Thanks
-- Ed

Inprogress

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
It probably depends on what module controls that CEL or error light.... if it goes thru the ECU then it would likely have the capability to suppress it. But if it comes directly from the suspension module or whatever, then I don't think the AP has the option to suppress those. Good question for the tuner.

I chatted with a rep from Cobb today and they said it isn't possible on the VW accessport, unfortunately

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Remember when everyone crucified Jon at 5150 for delays in receiving tunes and revisions when he was the hottest tune around? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

FWIW, people are waiting on small updates from me but their cars are perfectly drivable and have no issues. I have to personally fulfill all the v2.01 updates for custom tunes and for ROW cars, so those are taking some time get through.

Thanks
-- Ed

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Got my EQT remote dyno tune today and the tune is much smoother than my local dyno tune. Feels much faster even though the numbers are about what I had before but it was on a different brand of dyno. Plus it was 107 degrees which didn't help and the IAT's were very high. I didn't get the actual IAT temps though.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Can't tell if some people are serious but some of you need to relax...So impatient. You chose EQT because he delivers the best tune, but you should've known the moment everyone realizes his shit is the best, a small team like his will get swamped. Waiting a few weeks won't kill anyone.

In the mean time, where's my 7 speed DSG tune @Ed @ EQT ?!?! 😆 /s