GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diablo 3

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
I don't mean to be that guy but...

I bought Diablo 2 on release day back then and was thoroughly unimpressed. Boring clickfest in my opinion. Since then I've played Diablo clones that were far better like the original Dungeon Siege, Titan Quest and even Torchlight.

Forgive my ignorance as I haven't played PC games much in two years but what does this game do differently from Diablo 2? I bought Starcraft 2 release day as well and played about 6 hours before shelving it. It was almost the exact same mechanics with fancier graphics (that were no better than Company of Heroes'). How is this game better?

I've been looking for a reason to install the water cooler I bought last year and upgrade my video card but my PC is mostly a Youtube box these days.

*Edit: two of my friends are calling in sick next week to play. I've asked them what's going to be new and original in this game and they both said, "IT'S DIABLO BRO, YOU GOTTA PLAY!" Meh?

No worries man. The nice part of Diablo is not only the storyline, but it is a game that you can keep coming back and making a new type of character. That was my main reason to play (depending if I wanted a classic Whirlwind Barb or a Dual Wielding Barb, etc.).

Starcraft 2 was more of the storyline as well for me, but the updated version of online play was also nice. The new maps, new units, and much more advance AI is one of the reasons why I still play Starcraft 2 when I have the chance.

They did upgrade the graphics (one of the big key things), but also made it so you can get better weapons earlier on, as well as upgrade your weapons easier through the blacksmith. Also, made it so you can change your type of character you want to play with more easy (some say it dumbed it down too much), so you don't have to just be a singularly focused character. It is still a click, kill, loot, repeat type game, but that is kind of also what made it fun. Good old hack and slash type game that you can go to, or back to, at any time, enjoy yourself, and not feel like you were obligated. :thumbsup:

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
When I saw that you can buy/sell items in the auctionhouse for real money I lost interest fast. I don't want to lose in PVP to someone who just bought their gear. I'm all about earning stuff.

Company of Heroes 2 has been announced and I'm interested in DotA 2 though.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Understand about that. PvP, when the game comes out, will not be activated because they are still working on that. It will be added on a Patch later on (no set date or when that will be) which I am grateful for.

I personally am not big on the real money auction house, but it is there.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
Well, that aspect of buying gear was always there. People sold all sorts of accounts/equipment on ebay. This just makes it easier, but it's not like it wasn't there before.

GTI_Dude

Ready to race!
Only PC game I played was SC and Diablo 2. So I'm very excited about D3.
I bought my copy from Amazon with Release date delivery. :)

For me good thing about D3 is the battle.net, I can connect with my friends in the Eastcoast and etc.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion

We got them in at the Blue Box. Just waiting to sell them to customers/buy one tonight at midnight....

Sent from this hole in the wall

zVp

Go Kart Champion
The tracking numbers on my CEs work, but they come up as "Delivery Created" and thats all.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately all of us will have to wait until 12:01am PST to play even on the East Coast because all the servers are in PST, arggggggg.....

Sent from this hole in the wall

2010GTi Carbon

Ready to race!
Almost here... add me. Battletag: summit1986#1220

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
I won't be picking this up for a while unfortunately, but my friend got his copy at the midnight launch and let me play a bit :D extremely amazing game...