GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dawn Wells

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
So, she failed to pay taxes on income, then lost her money in bad investments and now owes the IRS money she doesn't have. People are actually donating to this?

I'm just going to start my own fund; I've always wanted a Ferrari and I really think other people should buy me one...

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
I'd be very cautious (in the unlikely event anyone here was motivated to contribute); this sounds a lot like some scam someone is pulling. She may not even be involved. Or maybe she is. Can't really tell.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Story is the fund starter is a good friend and she didn't know he was doing it. She's done a lot of charity work herself. I have never contributed to these type of things.

And I don't feel sorry for someone who in effect blew $7M. Even if she invested it in lowly Government bonds it should have easily lasted her the rest of her life.

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
So, she failed to pay taxes on income, then lost her money in bad investments and now owes the IRS money she doesn't have. People are actually donating to this?

I'm just going to start my own fund; I've always wanted a Ferrari and I really think other people should buy me one...

I would contribute to that

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Pretty severe repercussions for starting a GoFund me fraudulently.

https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2018/09/crowdfunding_scams_that_cost_more_than_the_homeles.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

Here in NJ two a-holes raised 400K for a homeless Vet and then blew it all on cars and vacations in less than a year.

Needless to say, they in big trouble now since they've committed a serious act of fraud, and they don't have the scratch to simply pay it back.

I dunno about these kind of things, I don't think you have to worry about where the money is going. I think you'll get much more satisfaction by doing your charity work locally and really seeing the difference your contribution can make.

Go give $500 bucks to the local animal shelter if you want to feel good about yourself.

Last edited:

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

So my choice is to fund you or Mary Ann?
I know which one wins.

Funny how this fund me item is looked down on but fund me for a dog to pay for surgery is OK? I know she should have planned better, but odd the level we lift dogs to. Love my dogs but there is a limit for them. For my Wife, then we would then go all out.

The bottom line, no one forces us to donate so one can ask all they want.
But if stories come out regarding false fund raising then support for any future items would be less I think.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Pretty severe repercussions for starting a GoFund me fraudulently.

https://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2...homeles.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

Here in NJ two a-holes raised 400K for a homeless Vet and then blew it all on cars and vacations in less than a year.

Needless to say, they in big trouble now since they've committed a serious act of fraud, and they don't have the scratch to simply pay it back.

The sad part, if it's true, is the vet spent like $25k or $50k in two weeks on drugs and what not instead of turning his life around.
And he's supposedly back in rehab now (or was)

Granted those people were in the wrong for taking the money & what not, but GoFundMe said he'd get his money

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
This is what you are supporting.
We'll, in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!

Why am I paying my artist for my comics, when others can for me xD