GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Spoiler Extension (Gathering Interest)

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Do you think I could figure out a way to mount it to be removed and reinstalled quickly at will? I want this for track, but can't use it for autocross.

When I get to the point where I install the extension after powder coat I’ll try it without any 3M tape and see how sturdy it is. Though I would imagine additional bolting would be needed to make it fast AND sturdy

Dameon

Go Kart Champion
Another interested wagon. I bought the Aerofab one couple years ago thinking I could modify it but quickly lost interest. Also in Los Angeles if you need one to look at. (The vertical part with the brake light is much shorter)

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
When I get to the point where I install the extension after powder coat I’ll try it without any 3M tape and see how sturdy it is. Though I would imagine additional bolting would be needed to make it fast AND sturdy

I'd be fine with some threaded rivets. My car isn't a show car, it's a fast DD, autocross, light track toy. A couple threaded rivets showing isn't going to bother me at all.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
These look great, any closer Pictures of the mounting?

The pics I got were just double side taped to get a visual of the design when mounted. I’ll be bolting one up once I get the powder coat done on a small run.

Got a few PM’s from some members who are interested in helping with the R&D. Just need a couple more to get these going! 👊🏻😁

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Would be interested in a composite option versus aluminum.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Wish I saw this earlier. I removed my Aerofabb and replaced it with an ECS one. Lol...I'm not removing the stock wing again since I re-siliconed the wing to the side sills.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Wish I saw this earlier. I removed my Aerofabb and replaced it with an ECS one. Lol...I'm not removing the stock wing again since I re-siliconed the wing to the side sills.

Good news is with this one you don’t need to remove the OEM wing!
Does the ECS wing require the OEM wing to be removed?

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
The ECS one just tapes to the top of the stock wing. If your wing does not require the stock wing to be removed...that could make the decision a lot easier. I re-used the AF bolts to cover the holes I drilled. So I would need to remove the AF bolts if I was to install wing from the bottom again. Which would require me to remove the stock wing.

I hope the powdercoat is more resistant to scratching than the AF wing. Mine looked real bad when I took it off.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
The ECS one just tapes to the top of the stock wing. If your wing does not require the stock wing to be removed...that could make the decision a lot easier. I re-used the AF bolts to cover the holes I drilled. So I would need to remove the AF bolts if I was to install wing from the bottom again. Which would require me to remove the stock wing.

I hope the powdercoat is more resistant to scratching than the AF wing. Mine looked real bad when I took it off.

Ah gotcha. I would have done the same thing.
Powder coat should be pretty scratch resistant.

From a quick google search:
“Powder coating provides better performance than wet paint—it is more resistant to chipping, scratching, and other wear because of the thermal bonding it undergoes during curing, and because it can be applied in much thicker layers. ... In addition to its physical toughness, powder coating provides superior color retention.”

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Like I said in your other post, I would be interested in trying one with the cutout in the center. When you get some ready for mounting, hmu.