GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Domino's thin crust isn't actually that bad.
My kids insist on Domino’s when we leave them alone and take ourselves out. One time they convinced me to order it on another night (didn’t feel like fighting or thinking) - it wasn’t that bad at all (the thin crust). Definitely better than some of the other local places around us.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
For the mk6 maybe, I've only seen a neuspeed kit for the mk7

We just swapped my rear pads and calipers last week. They're the same stock pads/rotors that came on my car 50k miles ago. I drive like such an asshole my front pads were worn to the squealer and the rotor had a lip at 35k. The two rears we took off this past weekend easily have 50% life left. Other than matching the drillled/slotted front there was no reason to change them out. I ordered new pads because I assumed at 50k they had to be near the end and that was a waste. TL: DR - the rears do nothing on this car, so why would someone want 4 pot rears? Are you changing out master cylinder at the same time as well? If you are, what are you using?
Not 100% but I think the mk7s with manual ebrake are the same. Either way you can make anything work with a custom carrier.

Lol @ rears do nothing.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
My kids insist on Domino’s when we leave them alone and take ourselves out. One time they convinced me to order it on another night (didn’t feel like fighting or thinking) - it wasn’t that bad at all (the thin crust). Definitely better than some of the other local places around us.
There's a guy I work with that will randomly pick up dominos and feed some of our employees. He always does the thin crust and I don't mind it at all.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not 100% but I think the mk7s with manual ebrake are the same. Either way you can make anything work with a custom carrier.

Lol @ rears do nothing.
I can't imagine needing more than the mk7 rears though.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
The highest heights of the thread that shall not be named won't ever be equalled.

This place is aight tho, we've retained a fair number of pretty entertaining people even as the main forum itself slowly burns out.
The strongest steel is forged in the fire of a dumpster.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I can't imagine needing more than the mk7 rears though.

But bigger rotors and calipers look cooler... Even on the rear....

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
As long as you're getting either 4 or 6 pizza's, it's not that bad tbh. 2x Pizzas @ $36.50/ea is a rip-off. But getting 6x of them @ $22/ea? That's not bad. Last time I ordered non-Domino's pizza (which is nasty, btw. Domino's, not the non-Domino's pizza...), it was $72 for 3x pizza's delivered, so $24/ea.

View attachment 250936

I think people are so used to seeing nasty Domino's pizza for $5/ea that they forget a good pizzeria pizza can average to $20 or more easily.
i'd consider going in on an order, split shipping etc...

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
@Javwohl is on stock brake fluid. Ebc pads. Slotted rotors from… fuck I don’t remember

brakes felt great, I was the passenger and imo from what I’ve noticed. The gti’s biggest brake issue is pedal goes soft a bit sooner than anticipated

I sadly never got to track the GTI enough to really figure out what needed to be addressed. Plus the day I was a passenger in Javwhol’s car, he just punched it a few times, took a few turns aggressively.

so definitely not enough to call the experience “data” but enough to determine his shit (brakes) feels better than mine. I’m on stock rotors pads fluid etc

@GTIfan99 any knowledge u can kick down for me bro? I feel like the gti’s brakes are enough for its weight but rbf600 and pads would be huge.

edit: stop tech! His rotors are stop tech. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.