GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
When in doubt, everyone is "they"
this is just my go to for everyone at this stage. makes everything easier and removes any sort of implied sexism out of a story.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
3 to 6 weeks sounds about right for recovery time. I kept trying to move around on it and kept going up/down stairs so it took a little over a month to get to there. 4-5ish weeks

i'm trying my best not to walk too much. but i know some walking is actually good. tryna remember to stretch my leg/ankle regularly, too

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
Ban.

Maybe.

Good cinnamon twists are great. Bad ones are 3/10.

a TB 10 is an everyplace else 6

edit: "a non-fastfood 6" is what i meant

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Calling everyone they is essentially re teaching English to your brain. I think I'm fine offending people

That’s why I present my disclaimer. If someone is offended after that, then the world must be a very difficult place.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
329152320_1007852063515353_4954684059959029892_n.jpg

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Calling everyone they is essentially re teaching English to your brain. I think I'm fine offending people
Not really, I feel like we use they when we don't know someone's pronouns, just normally.

Like if someone was talking about their(see it works here, because the gender is unclear) friend Taylor, and they were ambiguous as far as gender, I don't feel any type of way about saying "they're asking how much my left kidney is?" vs "he's asking how much my left kidney is?"

Status
Not open for further replies.