GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
I enjoy music in its studio Recorded format. The occasional live album is ok but that's because it gets engineered.
One Cold Night by Seether is by far the best sounding live album I have ever heard. Whoever engineered that is a goddamn wizard.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
“Inni” by Sigur Ros is really good, but not most people’s cup of tea. I saw them live. It was almost more of a religious experience.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Ok Go was a really fun concert, and we got to meet the band. The bass player gave us hugs.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
George Thorogood at Toads in New Haven. Sounded so much like his live album I believed he was faking.

Primal Scream (also Toads) they dubbed in the Bass

Jim Carroll in NH sang but to recorded music

If I wanted to hear note for note I would skip crowds, save money and listen at home

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I love live music. And the smaller venue, the better. Give me a club that holds a couple hundred people at max... incredible.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I had to admit though, that's not my collection. It's a friend of a friend's house I was at last weekend.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Depends on the band.

Nofx has an album titled, “I heard they suck live.” Having seen them more than a dozen times, can confirm.

Face to Face sounds better live than on their album. Especially Big Choice.. that album is shite.

Then there are bands that sound exactly the same live as their albums. I couldn’t tell the difference when I saw Milli Vanilli.
And then there are the bands that actually sound much better live than they do on the record.

Cold War Kids to be specific.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
And then there are the bands that actually sound much better live than they do on the record.

Cold War Kids to be specific.

I don't know if it's because I was absolutely drunk as fuck, but I saw Modest Mouse a couple years ago, and thought they sounded fantastic live, better than recordings.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I think it also has a lot to do with the venue itself. I've seen plenty of bands numerous times, and there have been times where you go "These guys sound like absolute ass", and other times where you go "This sounds incredible.", and the difference isn't the band, but the sound at the venue.

Status
Not open for further replies.