GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Civic Type R vs. GTI IS38, APR

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yesterday, I saw a red Civic Type R that I pulled up next to at a light and gave him the thumbs-up. He returned the gesture (we were in the middle of traffic).

We eased passed a couple of cars and he stepped on it a bit and I followed. We both go stuck at the next light with me behind him (right lane). The light changed and he didn't launch, instead, he waited till I pulled out to the left and he nailed it. I was in second by this time so my tires just lit up so I had to pedal a bit. Getting better traction, I started to pull on him nicely. Hit third and again had to pedal but continued to pull hard on him. Once I got to the upper rev range of third and traction was less of an issue, I really started to pull hard on him. Ended up about 4 car lengths ahead.

Again, he gave the thumbs up as did I.

The Civic Type R is a weird looking car, but for that reason, it stands out amongst all the "me too" looking vehicles. I do applaud Honda for building something like this - even though they missed the mark by a huge margin on the looks along with the NSX (don't get me started).

worldacgti

Go Kart Champion
IMO both new and old NSX' are beautiful

CTR is an acquired taste. They are growing on me. I will say this, a friend of mine has a FBO CTR on Hondata that I routinely and rather easily destroy on late night mexico highway pulls :)

they are not all that fast in a straight line

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
which NSX? The OG or the current one acuras selling for 160K
The current one.
It's overly complicated for the sake of being complicated. They've ruined what the original NSX was: A true drivers car.
It certainly doesn't make it quicker than any of the other current supercars in it's price point (570S or GT3RS or even the current Grand Sport Corvette). Add in options and you're over $200K. I've heard a lot about tremendous depreciation as well (comparatively speaking). That means they're not moving.

Just out of curiosity.. are you on APR'S canned tune? or do you have a piggyback as well?
I'm on just the canned APR tune.
TBH, I can't hook this car up through first, second or third gear now (early on in third). I don't need anymore power. This is it for me (power wise). I don't want to run a 200 treadwear tire either. Mich PS4 will be on in the spring. They should help. I'll have to limp around on my all-seasons soon for the winter.
Time to hone the chassis to perfection - or as close as I can. JRZ's are on order.