GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Civic SI

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Do a little research on VTEC... it's a cam changeover. When I hear a term that I am not familiar with, I do a little research. This philosophy will help you in not sounding like the noobiest of noobs.

Also, my brother has a 2007 Civic Si and it's a great car... but the stigma attached to it is hard to overcome. My only major complaint is that the revs hang when the clutch is depressed which makes it hard to shift in a smoothe fashion.

presto_128

Ready to race!
Car(s)
United Gray GTI MKV
Do a little research on VTEC... it's a cam changeover. When I hear a term that I am not familiar with, I do a little research. This philosophy will help you in not sounding like the noobiest of noobs.

Also, my brother has a 2007 Civic Si and it's a great car... but the stigma attached to it is hard to overcome. My only major complaint is that the revs hang when the clutch is depressed which makes it hard to shift in a smoothe fashion.

That is true. I remember when I was deciding to get my GTI I had to decide between the SI coupe and that. Both are fast cars, but I like the torque availability at low rpm's of the latter. And I've heard that there are a lot of transmission issues with honda's, and I am not a big fan of the alien spaceship dashboard.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
That is true. I remember when I was deciding to get my GTI I had to decide between the SI coupe and that. Both are fast cars, but I like the torque availability at low rpm's of the latter. And I've heard that there are a lot of transmission issues with honda's, and I am not a big fan of the alien spaceship dashboard.

I don't think the GTI can hold a candle to a Honda in reliability but in every other aspect I would hands-down take the GTI.

presto_128

Ready to race!
Car(s)
United Gray GTI MKV
My friend just took me for a spin in his white 2 door civic si,

i didnt realize that those didn't have turbos but instead 'vteks' which act as a turbo i suppose?

he said they kick in at 6000 rpm to 8000rpm redline.

that thing screams revs, they are so high hah

he was ripping around and it seems pretty fast, is it quicker than a GTI?

my other friend has a GTI and i like our interiors better than the Si's (dont flame)

what do you guys think of the car? seemed nice

PS. he was telling me hes putting 22k of upgrades on the car, a turbo, neon lights, 12k for rims.. (name engraving) and hes putting lambo doors on it. thats the DEFinition of a ricer lmao

If he's putting extra 22,000 on his car why didn't he buy a BMW or GTI? He's just gonna get someone to key his car if he gets lambo doors.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
What I can't understand entirely is why you'd buy a ~$20k car and then put down another $22k in mods. Why not just get a nicer car for ~$42k?

Better yet, get a $30k car and put $12k down in mods, or $35k and $7k in mods, etc.

By the way, name engraving on the wheels? I can't decide if that's more of a ricer thing to do, or more of a thing that a tool would do. Probably more towards the latter.

I think there are much better ways to spend 40 grand.

The only mod I can give the guy props for is the turbo. Neons and scissor doors (aka 'Lambo doors') are a real waste.

mkiv808

Ready to race!
What I can't understand entirely is why you'd buy a ~$20k car and then put down another $22k in mods. Why not just get a nicer car for ~$42k?

Better yet, get a $30k car and put $12k down in mods, or $35k and $7k in mods, etc.

By the way, name engraving on the wheels? I can't decide if that's more of a ricer thing to do, or more of a thing that a tool would do. Probably more towards the latter.

I think there are much better ways to spend 40 grand.

The only mod I can give the guy props for is the turbo. Neons and scissor doors (aka 'Lambo doors') are a real waste.
The best "mod" he could possibly do is a full lobotomy.

Scharf

Not cool until he stars it.