GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Agreed, but will the new customers outnumber the displaced old customers that are used to larger cars? Hard to say. There has to be a reason that the new Mustang is bigger AND heavier than the old one.

I just wish someone would make something with 300+ horsepower, 3,000ish pounds, four seats, manual, RWD and $30k.... Other features, don't care really. It will never happen though.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I just wish someone would make something with 300+ horsepower, 3,000ish pounds, four seats, manual, RWD and $30k.... Other features, don't care really. It will never happen though.

Expectations will be the downfall of all enthusiasts. Myself included.

But it doesn't make a company bad because a car is not being made to someone else's expectations

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Call it the 333k. Haha

It'll never happen, doe. Most people hate RWD. I've shown my ATS to a number of people, all backed out because it's RWD. That's my favorite feature of it.
Sadly, yes.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

I have zero positive expectations now really, for any new cars. I expect numb crossovers with automatics. Anything else is a pleasant surprise.

I'd love to see a new Civic that interests me. I don't blame Honda for making hideous dishwashers on wheels because they sell. For now, I'll drive my 11 year old Corvette and smile every time I step on the gas pedal.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Call it the 333k. Haha

It'll never happen, doe. Most people hate RWD. I've shown my ATS to a number of people, all backed out because it's RWD. That's my favorite feature of it.

Sadly, yes.

They do. I always argue with my dad about it. He's so proud of his Citroen DS being the first production FWD car. Even where I live people don't want it, unless they buy a BMW for the badge, then they usually don't even know they have RWD.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
People go FWD because they don't care how a car feels when they are driving it. They jsut want the cheapest, nicest, easiest mode of transportation out there.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
BTW, I saw a Tornado Red 2 door with a FUCKING COBRA BADGE ON THE SIDE. I was in my truck otherwise that might have been odd for him. I tried to snap a pic as he turned left and I was going straight, but all I got was road. DAMMIT.

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
My car is the cheapest 2.0 ATS lease on swapalease. Out here, everyone's terrified of RWD in the winter. I enjoyed it, but I also know how to drive.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Honestly, FWD is better for most people. More interior space, cheaper to build, better mileage, easier to drive safely, better traction in snow and rain.

So enthusiasts get screwed.

PetrolHead

Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Yep. It's very sad.

I love my ATS. I'm not at all sad that it's taking a while to find someone to take the lease...I really enjoy driving it.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I have posted those exact same specs before multiple times :lol:

The answer is turbro brz right now, too bad that back seat is slightly too small and there is no factory turbo.

The back seat on those is silly, but it's still better than nothing. The BRZ is still way more practical than a Miata IMO.

Aftermarket boosting just isn't that appealing to me. I want something reliable I can DD. It's aggravating that they have a turbo version of that motor with 265 stock HP ready to go and in production. They should just make the BRZ $30k starting with the turbo, FRS $25k starting without it to differentiate the models. That would be a great car. The stock FRS is just a little bit slow.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I bet if you put racier seats in a brz you could make the front and rear seats more comfortable, but I'm with you on being wary of adding turbos. I kind of would like to turbo the c5z and vibe but don't want to break shit.

I think a C5Z could handle it.