GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH / Garrett Front Mount Intercooler VS Forge Twintercooler

vagike

if you going to upgrade your intercooler, do it properly, don't twin it. Pick a standalone front mount, or a direct fit replacement for the OEM.

Between your 2 choices, i pick BSH. However, I bought an upgraded S3 version from Eurojet Racing, that is an OEM replacement for less than what BSH wants for their front mount.

http://www.eurojetracing.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=MK5OEMFMIC

ThumbThumbs

Banned
Been happy with my Bsh. Contact Dbc performance if you decide to go that route. Great company to deal with.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
the BSH intercooler for sure

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
I've been on the same boat but trying to get an intercooler but getting info from BSH regarding a kit for my car has not been fun..

dj210

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 GTI DSG
Dont have much experience with Intercoolers, IMO front mount looks WAY cooler, if your going to spend the money you might as well get some Flash for your buck with the performance. And ill second DBC performance all day. They are local for me and are always a big help and are very knowledgeable about VW/Audi cars

JoeyDaBomb

Go Kart Champion
Dont have much experience with Intercoolers, IMO front mount looks WAY cooler, if your going to spend the money you might as well get some Flash for your buck with the performance.

They will both give you the same look from the exterior as the they are both FMIC's. Personally I don't really like the design of twincoolers.

goonieman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Passat, GTI
I got an S3 with the forge twin cooler. Best setup for my K04. If you get a ic like BSH, you still have your old OEM ic sitting in your engine bay, just not hooked up. I consider that a waste. Plus with the S3 ic and twin cooler, you have more real estate to cool you charged air.

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
I got an S3 with the forge twin cooler. Best setup for my K04. If you get a ic like BSH, you still have your old OEM ic sitting in your engine bay, just not hooked up. I consider that a waste. Plus with the S3 ic and twin cooler, you have more real estate to cool you charged air.

Lol live the real estate fact. I got an s3 ic on my gli conn mate it up with a forge later on as I slowly piece my ko4 together.

SDM

Ready to race!

The OEM IC can be removed if you choose a FMIC, I prefer not having an IC sitting against the radiator, did this a few months ago & happy with the end result:

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128582

VWconvert

ozone killer..
Car(s)
06 gti
I bought the twintercooler due to several reasons. Why have your oem intercooler discconnected and sitting there just taking space? Also, forge has a great reputation both in the vw and audi community. I like the twintercooler because it takes advantage of all assets available on the car. The install was straight forward and the intercooler pipe just required a little triming on the passenger side. It took me about 2 hours from start to finish. Im not knocking the B.S.H. It is just a matter of preference. Im sure the B.S.H. is also great. It just makes no sense to leave that oem intercooler hanging there. Plus the forge unit looks mean as hell behind the bumper. Just my 2cents.

I bought the twintercooler due to several reasons. Why have your oem intercooler discconnected and sitting there just taking space? Also, forge has a great reputation both in the vw and audi community. I like the twintercooler because it takes advantage of all assets available on the car. The install was straight forward and the intercooler pipe just required a little triming on the passenger side. It took me about 2 hours from start to finish. Im not knocking the B.S.H. It is just a matter of preference. Im sure the B.S.H. is also great. It just makes no sense to leave that oem intercooler hanging there. Plus the forge unit looks mean as hell behind the bumper. Just my 2cents.

Why would you design a FMIC upgrade to leave your stock one in there and be dead weight? don't get it.