GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best option for more camber

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Kick starting an old thread since reading through this has been helpful. After an SCCA HPDE last weekend this is what my left front looked like. Been considering adding camber and this was the nudge I needed. I think I have it narrowed down to 3 options

1. Eurosport Camber kit - addition .8 neg camber
2. SuperPro fixed Strut Mount - addition 1.4 neg camber
3. 034 Dynamic Camber mounts - additional 1.4 neg camber

Suspension is currently stock. It might not stay this way but I thought this was a good place to start for a DD that see's 5-6 track days a year. Vehicle is my daily.

Some people have said in this thread (not everyone) that Eursport has the least NVH. Is the reason for this the less additional negative camber? Would the other two provide better performance gains from the extra camber at the expense of NVH?

Also generally looking for additional feedback on these or products as well as recommendations on other products that would be a good starting point for suspension mods.
The Eurosport has the least NVH (I run them) b/c it's an OE mount. This just replaces the center portion with an offset puck is all. If you choose the fixed mounts like the 034/SP, consider the "camster" ones and get some caster out of it...very helpful and adds dynamic camber while turning.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
The Eurosport puck sits within the factory tophat. It retains the best NVH characteristics because of this. The Superpro is a metal assembly. I’ve run both. The Superpro run great for about six months then NVH becomes a real issue (at least from my experience). I swapped them out for the Eurosport a couple years ago and have been super pleased. Combined with my Superpro LCA’s I have all the negative camber I need to not wear the outer tread of the tires on track days and especially autox.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
And with 034. Expect some NVH. Do I care? No. Really not that bad to me, you will definitely feel big bumps transmitted through

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The Eurosport puck sits within the factory tophat. It retains the best NVH characteristics because of this. The Superpro is a metal assembly. I’ve run both. The Superpro run great for about six months then NVH becomes a real issue (at least from my experience). I swapped them out for the Eurosport a couple years ago and have been super pleased. Combined with my Superpro LCA’s I have all the negative camber I need to not wear the outer tread of the tires on track days and especially autox.
This - same here. I am at -2.0 camber up front with the same combo and lowered a bit on springs. Caster is 7.9 I believe. My tires look fine.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What's you static negative camber?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Kick starting an old thread since reading through this has been helpful. After an SCCA HPDE last weekend this is what my left front looked like. Been considering adding camber and this was the nudge I needed. I think I have it narrowed down to 3 options

1. Eurosport Camber kit - addition .8 neg camber
2. SuperPro fixed Strut Mount - addition 1.4 neg camber
3. 034 Dynamic Camber mounts - additional 1.4 neg camber

Suspension is currently stock. It might not stay this way but I thought this was a good place to start for a DD that see's 5-6 track days a year. Vehicle is my daily.

Some people have said in this thread (not everyone) that Eursport has the least NVH. Is the reason for this the less additional negative camber? Would the other two provide better performance gains from the extra camber at the expense of NVH?

Also generally looking for additional feedback on these or products as well as recommendations on other products that would be a good starting point for suspension mods.
Eurosport is the least NVH because it retains the stock rubber mount. Superpro is poly and will be harsher especially in cold weather. 034 is questionable quality and NVH is likely whenever the rubber comes apart.

If you're sticking to SCCA, you can run offset bushings along with plates, powerflex will give you a bit more camber.

I am using vorshlag plates and properly installed they are not noisy. They're also adjustable without dropping the strut. Depending on how much you're spending on tires it is worth the money to get a proper amount of camber in front. If you must run rubber bushings, I'd consider the 034 camster plates to add some caster without additional parts.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
-2 up front with the Euro puck, Superpro LCA and VWR Cup Kit. The puck provided -.8deg .
Nice...dead-on what I got with the same bits...good to know.

393727146_10159524383231723_7900129465904385282_n.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I was at 7.3/7.7 bone stock for reference. 2019 GTI.
Here was some factory setting info I had for the wagons, should be the same so mine was probably on the lower end of the range prior to LCAs...I have no idea b/c I don't have the before/after numbers unfortunately.

OE_alignment_specs.jpg