GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Beetle. Tanner Foust. Cool.

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2010 MKVI GTI
I'm looking forward to seeing this in action, and I want to know who built it as well (as compared to the APR built super-beetle) .... .

jumping, leaping beetle? (or bacon) ....interested.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
interesting to see Tanner make the move from Huyndai or whever the hell he was before. And now, Subaru just announced signing Travis Pastrana again back into WRC. I smell many marketing managers "ideas" afoot.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I'm looking forward to seeing this in action, and I want to know who built it as well (as compared to the APR built super-beetle) ....
One of the comments on the Jalopnik page noted the "Super Beetle" name on the Bettle's butt:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Looks like a fantasy rendering instead of a real car...

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Wouldn't be surprised if it really was the super beetle with a new look lol.
It would have had to undergo a substantial transformation in a pretty short time.

The body kit is different (and I'm not just talking about the wing), it would have needed to be repainted (though in all fairness the car was wrapped and I don't know what color is underneath), and the interior would need to be stripped and a cage installed.

I saw the Super Beetle at Eurocode Tuning in Torrance a month ago and I had an opportunity to look at and under it. Two pictures are attached, but I have more.

Attachments

• SuperBeetle-1.jpg
    SuperBeetle-1.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 191
  • SuperBeetle-2.jpg
    SuperBeetle-2.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 186

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
It would have had to undergo a substantial transformation in a pretty short time.

The body kit is different (and I'm not just talking about the wing), it would have needed to be repainted (though in all fairness the car was wrapped and I don't know what color is underneath), and the interior would need to be stripped and a cage installed.

I saw the Super Beetle at Eurocode Tuning in Torrance a month ago and I had an opportunity to look at and under it. Two pictures are attached, but I have more.

I have seen the super bettle as well :thumbup:. I just wanted to say if all it had to go through was a new body kit and color and some suspension/tuning changes I don't see it being very hard to do. Assuming a few of the builders spent all their time on it for a week or 2. But, I do know that they would be building a few of these because it is rally and shit happens people crash and they need a new car asap. So, regardless weather this first model is just the super beetle revamped or not they would have to build a few of these :thumbsup:.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I suppose it's possible. The Super Beetle was shipped out from Chicago by VW (they technically still own it, which is why it has a manufacturer's plate), and was going back there afterwards. Besides the mechanical work that Eurocode was doing, it went to a shop in Orange County that specializes in body work and concept cars. Maybe they modified it.

I also saw the Super Beetle before, when APR brought it to Fastivus 2013 at Willow Springs.

Attachments

• SuperBeetle-3.jpg
    SuperBeetle-3.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 223