GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Back from Bonnaroo!!!

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Hello. Well, obviously I'm back now and let me just say that simply put...it was a great time. The reason I am posting this is because VW had a sponsored garage at the show that had a few of there cars there (4) and instruments inside the garage. These were for random people to jam out on. So at any given time people would just walk up and play some tunes. Actually, there were a couple good sessions there while I hung out. They had couches inside. Ping-pong outside. Not to mention the hammocks (sp?). And I wanted to get a pic of this lady but was to embarrassed to ask. She had a VW flag on as a cape and was walking around in a thong bikini topless with a small piece of duck-tape taped onto hir nipples that said "V" on the one and "W" on the other. She couldn't have been over 22-23 years old and was sporting some perky C's:eyebulge: Anyways, I almost chased her down the next day but feared looking like a perverted 12 year old at a hippie festival:drool: Here's some pics of there garage and a couple extras. The place was crazy fun. Every other vender was selling bowls and bongs. There were topless women throughout the whole weekend. Some had their chest painted at a booth there and others just came in their b-day suits. Get this...a security guy was trying to sell me acid and my tent neighbor tried to give me some for free. I'm not into drugs anymore (too old). But if you are, this is the place to be. My friend and I cracked up when we seen workers selling drugs. But, it's like the slogan goes: "There are no rules, at Bonnaroo". Enjoy and if you want to see the list of bands and pics of them from this years festival then check out www.bonnaroo.com If you ever thought about going to a music festival, I'd strongly recommend this one. It's the modern day woodstock and it comes around every year. There were tons of people from Canada there. Even met a few Europeans:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Bonnaroo entrance.JPG
    Bonnaroo entrance.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 227
  • VW Garage.JPG
    VW Garage.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 232
  • Garage Inside.JPG
    Garage Inside.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 225
  • Garage Outside.JPG
    Garage Outside.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 233
  • Vender.JPG
    Vender.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 223

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Oh yeah, and Radiohead rocked! Remember, it's a good reason to take the GTI for a road trip. Seriously, anyone who enjoys music and likes camping should make this a must. You'll remember it forever. www.bonnaroo.com

Attachments

• Thom Y.jpg
    Thom Y.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Radiohead.jpg
    Radiohead.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 222

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
JoeyGTI said:
Hmm sounds like a rad time !! wonder how it compares to these two events http://coachella.com/ www.street-scene.com
I think the difference is in the music and its followers. Not to mention this one takes place on open land and not in a stadium. You live off the land for 4-5 days with no shower. Unless you want to go pay for one at a neighboring house somewhere. They also sold them for $10 on site if you really wanted one that bad. There were over 25,000 tents and RV's there. This is more of a hippie festival with lots of hippes there. And I mean LOTS! I'd have to assume the security is much more relaxed here. There's really no aw enforcement at all. They had a lot of raggae and folk type festive hippie music there. Such as Damien Marley (Bobs son), Rusted Root, Phil Lesh & friends (grateful dead), Oysterhead (phish singer with Les Claypool), Trevor Hall, etc. Anyways, lots of hippies, love, and peace with a few rock bands there as well. But I'd have to imagine its a little more chill than the one with Tool and Social Distortion and all. No dark clothed dressers or Emos at this show. Like I said, perhaps the weirdest thing was the staff selling drugs. Tripped me out to see that. I think there were only 6 law enforcement officers there (horseback at that) and they all hung together and never really did "routine rounds" or anything. I think they were there just in case someone got hurt. Oh yeah, a couple of pics of the Bonnaroo cinema while it played the Itlay vs. USA World Cup game. In the one pic you can see the cops I was talking about. They were the only ones and they were always together. Funny that they decided that they better be at the World Cup game when all the other chaos is going on. This place is in a very remote farm land with 700+ open acres of partying.

Attachments

• jm_usa-vs-italy-cinematent07_6-17-06_jm.jpg
    jm_usa-vs-italy-cinematent07_6-17-06_jm.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 197
  • jm_usa-vs-italy-cinematent05_6-17-06_jm.jpg
    jm_usa-vs-italy-cinematent05_6-17-06_jm.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

funnycar

Autocross Champion
kirk180 said:
You live off the land for 4-5 days with no shower.

Mmmm,,, great party, good music, greasy sex... :drinking:

Ya got any good shots of women, say,, from the first 2 days? :biggrin:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Hey Funnycar, you want the ones with or without hairy legs and armpits? Really though, me and my friend were talking on the way home and came to the conclusion that literally speaking: The majority of the females were good looking. It was almost as if it were a prerequisite.

funnycar

Autocross Champion
Pics of the prerequitesubie,,, err,, presubierequs,,, shit,, pics of the non-hairy types preferred. :wink: