GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Switchpath Exhaust

d0m0kun

Car(s)
Golf R?
Hello All,

I just recently got the AWE Switch Path Exhaust for my Golf R 7.5 and noticed there is some issues with the valves not closing properly. A little breakdown of what is going on and what is confusing me.

1. Had the exhaust installed by a reputable company on Friday afternoon and unfortunately wasn't able to go back to the shop because it was closed at that time.
2. With my stock exhaust and my typical day to drive driving, I am typically always drive in Normal mode. When I switch to Race or Custom, I can hear a pretty audible difference and the valves opening at that time.
3. When I had the AWE exhaust, I noticed when I switched modes, I could not hear the difference between Normal, Race, Custom, or Eco mode. It seems like the valves are open all the time. I watched a bunch of videos on YouTube and I am aware of how the exhaust sounds when the valve is closed and open.
4. I also noticed when I switched to the different modes, such as Normal to Race, you can immediately tell the difference in the steering being stiffer in Race Mode. When switching to Race mode and Custom, it does change to Sport mode. But I am not sure if this is a placebo effect when I switch modes, especially from Normal to Race, you can tell the difference with the steering well at least.
5. The reason why I noticed this, I just had my DCC calibrated on that same day because I had my H&R Super Sports springs installed a few weeks ago. I thought that based on the reviews on these forums, the DCC calibration is a must. However, I am wondering if something happened during the calibration that prevented the valves from being closed?
6. I jacked up the car and checked and confirmed the right valves were plugged in and the left valves were blocked off with the dummy plug.
7. Unless the shop possibly didn't install the valves correctly, maybe that is why the valves aren't closing.

I will be calling and taking my car back in on Monday, but has anyone had this problem before? Or similar symptoms?