GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austrialia, Ford Performance Vehicles, WHY AUS, not USA?

Lucidity

Marx
I never said they were a bad deal, i just don't like the car. I liked the SVT focus back in the day but now there just the most boring cars on the road.

I didn't say you did, I was just stating what light I see the car in. They may look boring, but they still handle like they are on rails, and the new interior is actually kind of cool.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
I have not seen the interior yet but i'm sure its good. Ford interiors have almost always appealed to me.

NVM just remembered my contour. wow that was ass.

But with so many great compacts out now(not sport compacts) like the rabbit, civic, and my personal favorite; Lancer. I just can't see a lot of people buying this for anything much more than basic transportation.

I see the focus and fusion(not a bad car but wow i wish we had the new euro mondeo) as the weak spots in fords lineup.

EDIT: I'm also really mad at how Ford is treating mercury. Horrible marketing, feels like mercury is marketed lower than ford products. Mercury needs the cougar back. I loved those cars and i would LOVE to see an upmarket mustang.

Lucidity

Marx
Thing about the cars you listed is that they are not cheap, a loaded rabbit, civic , or lancer will run you close to 20k MSRP. The Focus may have a high sticker, but it is a Ford which means you can get them at deep discount easily. With the exception of the Lancer maybe...., the Focus is sure to out handle the rest.

Also, I'm not sure how you can say the Fusion is a weak spot as it is one of their best selling cars they have, and is winning them back support from not just the consumer but from auto publications as well.

Lucidity

Marx
Sorry i should have said it was in my opinion weak compared to the euro Modeo.

Yes it is, but the Euro Mondeo is like 45k USD

Lucidity

Marx
My car is 45k USD in the EU

Yes but VW is in a higher class in Europe. The base Mondeo comes in at 15k GBP, which is like 30k USD, minus the 17% tax that is built in you get 25k. The base Fusion without rebate mind you is 17k. That is a huge jump in base price, especially considering Ford brand is less reputable in the States at the moment as it is in Europe.

Nicholas

Vanilla Bear
I approve of this thread. :thumbsup:

lol

I owned one of those Ford sedans (Ford Falcon XR8 - same as FPV GT basically) only available in Oz. Not a bad car really, I thought it would sell well in the States, but if Ford US did import it, they'd probably americanize it and make it look terrible like Pontiac has with the G8 (not saying the G8 looks terrible but it does look worse IMO)