GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR BBQ 2012 Thread

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
anyone got a solid photo album from last year's bbq? what kinda chow we talking about here? snauseges or no kidding down south bbq?

You can check out my link i posted a few posts ago. I'll see if I can find the APR page.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
reading fail

NOLA-Ron

Go Kart Champion
It's official. I am off work and in. Looks like we may have a few people from NOLA coming.

This caravan could become pretty decent :thumbsup:

Grambles - any suggestions for hotels in BHam? Bars or good spots to grab some drinks the night before?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
It's official. I am off work and in. Looks like we may have a few people from NOLA coming.

This caravan could become pretty decent :thumbsup:

Grambles - any suggestions for hotels in BHam? Bars or good spots to grab some drinks the night before?

Let's see. Southside downtown is awesome and has a lot of good bars to go to. Barking Koodoo, Nannafunks, JClydes (A MUST GO TO!) stuff like that.

Hotel wise, there's ALOT to choose from. Pretty much anything you choose will be good. Drop a post in here if you think you knwo where you want to stay and I'll let you know about the area. :)

East Side has A LOT more to do, but West side (Hoover/Homewood) area has great food.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Dega? Very nice Honda is about a mile from the track. :)

Really? There's not much out there, I would've never known. It's a crazy place on race weekend though.

This bbq sounds fun, hopefully I can make it out next year. I guess it'll save me money not going, because I'm sure after seeing everyone else's cars, I'd buy a bunch of parts.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Really? There's not much out there, I would've never known. It's a crazy place on race weekend though.

This bbq sounds fun, hopefully I can make it out next year. I guess it'll save me money not going, because I'm sure after seeing everyone else's cars, I'd buy a bunch of parts.

Oh...trust me.....the city of Lincoln is basically Honda, Dega and a whole lot of nothing. :)

Dega is quite the experience :)

A_Bowers

Someplace further down 280? or how about the summit? Might be a little crowded there but its definitely convient to I459.

We can do Chic-Fil-A and grab some breakfast before we go. That'll be nice.

That will work. I've got 3 extra normal seats and the middle seat if it comes down to it.

Anyone else need a ride?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
900 miles away, sounds fun but I don't think I'll be making the trek. For the cost of going I could almost buy a k04 kit :lol:

But getting one for free maybe? :D

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That will work. I've got 3 extra normal seats and the middle seat if it comes down to it.

Anyone else need a ride?

Ok. So.....let's say

When?: October 13th 2012
Where?: Chic-Fil-A Hwy280
What time?: 8:00am-9:00am
What for?: Meet and Greet Breakfast before the drive down

BBQ should start around 10 or 11 So we'll be either fashionably late, or right on time.

Attachments

• Zoom1.JPG
    Zoom1.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 685
  • Zoom2.JPG
    Zoom2.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 684
  • Zoom3.JPG
    Zoom3.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 646

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Good point. Do you need your car present to win or just your person? The flying out idea is interesting.

Nope. You just need to be there :D

A_Bowers

Ok. So.....let's say

When?: October 13th 2012
Where?: Chic-Fil-A Hwy280
What time?: 8:00am-9:00am
What for?: Meet and Greet Breakfast before the drive down

BBQ should start around 10 or 11 So we'll be either fashionably late, or right on time.

That will work. Adding to my calendar NOW!

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Car(s)
2010 Tiguan 4Motion
Hmmmm....11hr drive....