GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

7.5 Golf R - C-19 Build @ 177 Miles

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Hey Everyone,

I am back in my third MK7: manual GTI (hip issues), FBO DSG IS38 GTI, and now a 7.5 R. I had a B9 S4 for about 4 months and 1500 miles and all I wanted was another MK7. Lucky enough to have a mentally supportive wife in the car guy life, and the ups and downs of figuring out that I am truly a hot hatch guy, only took 35 cars, most of which were hatchbacks :D

The car has 177 miles on it. Drove it exactly twice. 160 miles from the dealership and to get lunch. It's been on the QuickJack since. Highly Recommend that mod!!

As it sits now, I have about 40+ line items installed or pending installation just awaiting delivery. The only thing I am not doing during this time is upgrading the IS38. I like to hit up the occasional TT and a turbo swap would lead to being classed with the big diffusers and the aerodynamic monster crowd. I am not that dedicated.

I just want a under the radar IzzaGolf , and it's my Daily:D

Hope you'll enjoy my build, and I couldn't do it without this community. So thanks to all that have shown me the ways.

Last edited:

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
How are your Superpro engine mounts holding up? Mine are being installed right now.
Unfortunately I sold my IS38 GTI with them installed, and they don't make them any longer. They were stock like after break-in, and I love all things SuperPro. There was no added NVH. Since I had no other choice I went BFI this time around as others have said they are very Stock like too.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Where did you get Superpro mounts?!

I bought them over a year ago and have just been waiting until the OEM mounts needed to be replaced which was today. My trans mount was completely wasted. I checked on eBay a few days ago and there was one seller who had a new set but was asking 1K for them. I'm going to contact SuperPro and request that they make a batch of them because I know that they would sell a lot of them. And everyone who already had them was exactly right about the vibration or lack of vibration acrually. Just a hint of vibration that I'm told will disappear after they're broken in.

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
This is the ECS Downpipe and it's very well made. I went with their one as the one on my B9 S4 was also well made. Their products over the last year or so have been of a much higher quality than I remember. All parts are included.

I wished all downpipes came with was a 3" coupler instead of the just the factory attachment. I had some 3" diameter pipe laying around and cut it to mate to my Milltek Exhaust for continuous 3" piping.

Last edited:

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Shhhhh....she's sleeping. Also, never know what can pop out of the sewer...stand back

Watched a few videos before I dropped the subframe, disconnected everything, BUT none of the videos had DCC and well the subframe was hanging by this wire. No project goes off without a hitch. I bought a new housing to rewire and this one is a pain to fix because of the water-tight fitting. 1st try failed as I get an error code in OBD11, will try again when I install the brakes. Sucks when you break stuff and your car has a 177 miles on it. :(

DCC canceller

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Milltek Valved and Resonated Install. I've always like the sound of Milltek, and well they usually provide the least or no drone systems, so this is my third Milltek System in a row for my car builds.