GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2012 F1 Season Talk

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I really like that there is more competition this year (so far). Red Bull was so dominant last year, that it made the entire season kind of boring. Even if the Malaysia GP was on at 9:30 pm for me, I had to record it and it got cut off for me as well. Should have known better. What was up with McLaren in the pits? Seemed a little slow getting Hamilton out.

Looked like they had an issue with the rear jack. Button coming in right after Hamilton you'll see it took them a bit longer to get the rear up too, the guy was having trouble or there was something up with the jack.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Same thing happened to me. I usually extend the broadcast by a bit but the big delay caused me to miss the last 20 laps or so. I was pissed!

I've been to Montreal the last 2 years and plan on going this year as well. Anybody else going?

I always say I wanna go up to Montreal but I can't afford it (along with time off from work). One of these years....

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I always say I wanna go up to Montreal but I can't afford it (along with time off from work). One of these years....

You would enjoy it. Great race track and the city has a great atmosphere during the GP. It is quite expensive but it is well worth it.

Deaks2

Ready to race!

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
You would enjoy it. Great race track and the city has a great atmosphere during the GP. It is quite expensive but it is well worth it.

I love the city, I've been there a few times but staying there during the GP and the event itself = $$$. If F1 ever comes to Jersey or Baltimore, that's a no brainer for me.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
My first and only F1 race was the last one at Indy in 2007 - no Schuey that year, but it was Vettel's debut.

DVR issues - same here, but Speed usually replays the race on Tuesday or Wed of the week, so I recorded it today and watched the end tonite to see it - I did not look at this thread for the past 2 days!!! lol.. did not want a spoiler. Perez came so close!!! If the rumors are true, that would be amazing if Massa was booted mid-season from Ferrari.

I would love to go to Montreal or Austin sometime soon, but its just so damn expensive.

fsr1

Passed Driver's Ed
My first and only F1 race was the last one at Indy in 2007 - no Schuey that year, but it was Vettel's debut. .

Indy may not have been a great track but I loved F1 being there.

I was also there briefly in 07'. My wife and I headed out after work on Friday, stayed in a cheap motel outside of Indianapolis and headed in for Saturday practice and qualifying. Headed home after. Indy is not too far from where I live in MI, so we were able to get home just after dark. CHEAP!

The rest of the years they were at Indy, so was I for the whole weekend.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^nice. that was a hot as balls weekend, lol. It was when i first tired Mike's hard lemonade.. and I've been hooked ever since, haha...

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Indy may not have been a great track but I loved F1 being there.

I was also there briefly in 07'. My wife and I headed out after work on Friday, stayed in a cheap motel outside of Indianapolis and headed in for Saturday practice and qualifying. Headed home after. Indy is not too far from where I live in MI, so we were able to get home just after dark. CHEAP!

The rest of the years they were at Indy, so was I for the whole weekend.

I went there for 3 years when they were at Indy and was there in 07 as well. The tickets were dirt cheap and from turn 1 you could see a whole bunch of the track. It was definitely the best seats. I remember how hot it was that weekend. It was about 9am and we were in the grand stands for qualifying. There was no breeze at all. We drank all the water/gatorade in the cooler in about half an hour, then we had to make the switch to beer. After the beers we brought ran dry we made the switch to the giant Fosters cans. Needless to say by noon we were all half juiced.

I say we all have a Golfmk6 meet at Montreal this year. First round on me!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
There is little better than an early morning IMS Bloody Mary track side with Formula 1 cars practicing.

haha, nice..

I went there for 3 years when they were at Indy and was there in 07 as well. The tickets were dirt cheap and from turn 1 you could see a whole bunch of the track. It was definitely the best seats. I remember how hot it was that weekend. It was about 9am and we were in the grand stands for qualifying. There was no breeze at all. We drank all the water/gatorade in the cooler in about half an hour, then we had to make the switch to beer. After the beers we brought ran dry we made the switch to the giant Fosters cans. Needless to say by noon we were all half juiced.

I say we all have a Golfmk6 meet at Montreal this year. First round on me!

what about Austin!? oh wait, you're in Toronto already ;)

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Would love to make it out to Austin just to hear the field on the starting grid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first time you hear F1 cars in person its insane. TV does not do justice of the sweet, ear drum blowing sounds you will hear. I remember the V10s when they had traction control with all the popping/gurggling/banging they used to do under acceleration. They sounded awesome!